NTA00002B Nemo Outdoor 5G NR Drive Test Solution
Nemo Outdoor is a laptop-based drive test tool for wireless network testing. The platform supports latest technologies such as LTE-A 3 carrier aggregation, LTE Cat 12 devices, VoLTE/ ViLTE, VoWiFi/ViWiFi, and eMBMS testing.
Understand performance and quality of mobile networks (QoS and QoE testing) and optimize it for improved end-user satisfaction and increased Average Revenue Per User (ARPU)
Drive testing solution for measurement of air interface parameters in 2G to 5G NR mobile networks
- Enables to measure real user quality of experience (QoE)
- Supports all stages of mobile network life cycle, from rollout, optimization and benchmarking, to network monitoring and control
- Collects data for comprehensive post-processing and analytics insights
- Connects to the diagnostics interface of a mobile phone for full modem readings, including RF, full L1-L3 details, and signaling messages
- Automated mobile network quality-of-service (QoS) measurements with extensive scripts
- Benchmarking solution with advanced analytics for easy comparison of IoT and 2G-5G devices and networks
- Easy to set up, configure and use
- Extremely robust and reliable solution
Advanced troubleshooting capabilities
- Qualcomm and Samsung diagnostic data logging
- Missing neighbor detection, pilot pollution, co-channel and adjacent channel interference analysis
- Mobile band scan
- Enables to connect up to 12 smartphones to one laptop
- Supports the latest 5G NR and LTE smartphones, IoT devices and 5G NR scanners in the market
- Verified with over 300 different test device models
- Supports data and voice measurements with non-rooted, off-the-shelf commercial phones
Verify consumer QoE with real native applications running in the phone
- Network Performance Score (NPS) measurements
- YouTube and Netflix video testing
- WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, Viber, BiP, Instagram, Snapchat, Line and Weibo application testing
- Voice quality testing for WhatsApp calls
- Native Ookla Speedtest testing
Widest range of 5G NR KPIs on the market
- 5G NR support with Qualcomm X50/X55, Samsung Exynos 5100/5123, and HiSilicon Balong 5000 chipset-based devices, and 3rd party scanning receivers
- Support for 5G NR standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) mode testing
- Collects 5G NR beam specific KPIs
- Supports 5G NR SA KPIs with Qualcomm and HiSilicon Balong 5000 chipset-based devices
- Supports massive MIMO (mMIMO) drive tests and field measurements
- Support for Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS) measurements
- Possibility to visualize 5G NR beams in 3D using Nemo Analyze or Nemo WindCatcher
- NB-IoT and LTE-M support for both Qualcomm and Neul IoT chipset based devices
- LTE & LTE-A (Cat 6-18, VoLTE/ ViLTE, VoWiFi/ViWiFi, and eMBMS testing), HSPA+ DC, WCDMA, GSM, 1xEVDO, CDMA, iDEN, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA, TETRA
- Support for POLQA & PESQ voice quality testing and PEVQ-S streaming video analysis
Full range of accessories for drive testing and benchmarking needs
- Nemo Intelligent Device Interface provides reliable measurements with integrated battery eliminator. Integrated soundcard enables audio MOS measurements.
- Two different sized roof top box models enable drive testing so that phones are outside the car cabin
- Window and table mounting kits
- Backpack solution for walk testing with up to 12 devices
Drive testing of 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G NR mobile networks
Nemo Outdoor is a laptop-based drive test tool for 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G NR mobile network testing which supports over 300 devices and scanning receivers, from various vendors, all the latest network technologies and latest smartphones. Nemo Outdoor offers a full drive test solution for wireless network testing / mobile network testing, troubleshooting, and optimization.
In mobile network testing Nemo Outdoor’s powerful software platform works with all wireless technologies and with different protocol and application testing options. Nemo Active Testing Application (NATA), the optional Keysight proprietary communications interface, enables simple and productive deployment of smartphones, also non-rooted commercial phones, in data benchmarking and voice quality measurements. With a test terminal and/or a scanner you can perform real-time DSS measurements, missing neighbor detection, pilot pollution analysis, and GSM interference analysis. In addition, with the advanced mobile band scan feature, Nemo Outdoor continuously scans for pilot channels from specified bands and automatically adds them for pilot scanning.
Ensuring wireless network quality for end-users
Nemo Outdoor enables to measure quality-of-experience (QoE) metrics for the services and applications your customers are using, including advanced YouTube video testing, Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, Viber, BiP, and Instagram testing. With the optional NATA functionality, the smartphone measurement results reflect the real end-user experience. This gives customers the capability to understand wireless network quality from end consumer perspective, troubleshoot and optimize the network based on the results, ultimately improving customer satisfaction and reducing churn.
Nemo Outdoor for real 5G NR field measurements
Nemo Outdoor offers the widest range of 5G NR KPIs on the market and support for both 5G NR standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) mode testing. Nemo Outdoor supports real 5G NR field measurements with Qualcomm X50/X55, Samsung Exynos 5100/5123, and HiSilicon Balong 5000 chipset-based devices and 3rd party scanning receivers. The collected metrics include cell measurements, physical channel information, current cell information (for each 5G subcarrier), extensive set of RACH parameters, MAC layer KPIs, RLC/PDCP KPIs, and link adaptation (for each 5G subcarrier) KPIs. In addition, Nemo Outdoor collects 5G QoS measurements including throughput, and latency.
With scanning receivers, Nemo Outdoor can be used to perform 5G NR drive test measurements with the demodulation of the 5G NR reference signals and it enables simultaneous 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G NR spectrum scan and frequency scan (CW) measurements. Coverage and quality metrics, namely SS-RSRP, SS-RSRQ, SS-CINR, and RSSI, are reported per each SSB reference beam of a cell.
Featured Resources for NTA00002B Nemo Outdoor 5G NR Drive Test Solution
5G Field Measurement Solution
Nemo Global License Server
White Papers 2018.11.05
5G NR Field Testing Solution
Application Notes 2019.05.15
NB-IoT & LTE Cat-M1 Field Measurements and SLA Verification