Können wir Ihnen behilflich sein?
Keysight Technologies Corporate Social Responsibility
For more than 80 years — as part of Hewlett-Packard, then Agilent, and now a separate company — Keysight has acknowledged its responsibility to help address global social and environmental challenges. Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program ensures we contribute to building a better planet while supporting business objectives that align with our corporate values.
- accelerating innovation to connect and secure the world – through our hardware, software and services solutions.
- and employing a global business framework of ethical, environmentally sustainable and socially responsible operations – through a comprehensive Corporate Social Responsibility & Governance Program.
Keysight's CSR Strategy
To achieve our vision, Keysight’s business and corporate social responsibility efforts are synergistic – positively impacting the global community through our solutions and services, as well as CSR program. As a result, our CSR strategy ensures the planet and company thrives, is driven by aspects identified by our key stakeholders as important to them and our company values and utilizes a governance structure with defined scope and management system.
To ensure the planet thrives, Keysight has been tracking a set of key impact goals spanning the company’s fiscal years 2015 through 2020 to measure progress toward our CSR vision. Results as of October 31, 2020 included:
- Committed more than $1.7 billion in value to strengthen communities through efforts in philanthropic giving, employee volunteerism, community sponsorships, and university engagement programs. This result surpassed the target 5-year goal of $1.25 billion in value.
- Engaged more than 818,000 students and future engineers in STEM education, using tools such as the Keysight After School program, community education events, and through student access to donated/discounted solutions at universities. This result surpassed the target 5-year goal of engaging 670,000 students in STEM education.
- Recognized $1.5 million in cost avoidance, 8% energy conservation and 18.9% water conservation per our fiscal year 2015 baseline with efforts focused on natural resource conservation and efficiency. The water conservation result surpassed the target goal of 15%. However, results for energy conservation and cost avoidance fell short of targeted goals which were 10% energy conservation and $2 million in cost avoidance. This was due to planned efforts in 2020 being curtailed by the reprioritization of resources to focus on COVID-19 related employee safety and wellbeing, and the implementation of site safety protocols.
- Zero material negative impacts to the Income Statement or to institutional investment levels through ethical operations and governance, ensuring no impact in our ability to deliver solutions that help connect and secure the world. This result met the target goal.
Having completed our first CSR key impact goals as of the end of fiscal year 2020, Keysight has identified and will be tracking a new set of goals, including the following:
- Net zero emissions in company operations by end fiscal year 2040 in alignment with the Paris Agreement’s preferred goal to limit global warming to 1.5°C. We will accomplish this through energy efficiency and conservation, investment in renewable energy, and selective purchase of certified offsets to neutralize any residual emissions. To ensure progress and accountability towards this net zero goal, Keysight has committed to the following interim measures:
- By the end of fiscal year 2030 – the company commits to 55% renewable energy and 10% energy reduction through efficiency and conservation initiatives (based on fiscal year 2019 baseline)
- By the end of fiscal year 2040 – the company commits to 100% renewable energy and 20% energy reduction through efficiency and conservation initiatives (based on fiscal year 2019 baseline)
- Commit $250 million in value to strengthening communities by end fiscal year 2021 through efforts in philanthropic giving, employee volunteerism, community sponsorships, and university engagement programs.
- Engage 75,000 students and future engineers in STEM education by end fiscal year 2021 using tools such as the Keysight After School program, community education events, and through student access to donated/discounted solutions at universities.
- 35% global new hires are women, and 45% of U.S. new hires are underrepresented minorities<> by end fiscal year 2021 driven by various Diversity & Inclusion programs, global talent acquisition and Internship program.
- No material negative impacts to Income Statement or to institutional investment levels annually through ethical operations and governance, ensuring no impact in our ability to deliver solutions that help connect and secure the world.
In addition to the key impact goals identified above, Keysight’s CSR program areas are mapped to the company’s business commitments in revenue growth targets, profitability and shareholder value to ensure the program enables the company to continue delivering solutions and services that support a more connected and secure world.
- California Assembly Bill 979 defines underrepresented minority as Black, African American, Hispanic, Latino, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American, Native Hawaiian, or Alaska native, or as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender.
Engaging Company Values & Key Stakeholders
To deliver on key impact goals and business commitments, CSR efforts are directly linked to corporate values and stakeholder requirements — which ensures the program is aligned with the company’s culture and supported across, and deep within, the organization with every employee having a part to play.
- Customers — Keysight strives to help customers meet their own CSR and business goals through partnership with the company and use of Keysight solutions.
- Shareholders — CSR supports value creation through operational transparency, business sustainability and lowering costs with sustainable operational practices, all while building Keysight’s reputation as a solid, socially responsible brand.
- Employees — Keysight attracts, develops and retains an inclusive and diverse, high-performance workforce with shared values through a positive work environment that helps employees and communities thrive.
Foundation Framework of CSR Pillars
The foundation of Keysight’s CSR program is structured across six pillars. These foundational pillars – each with supporting policies, programs, action plans and accountabilities -- provide a structure to which all CSR efforts are aligned and measured for company and global community benefit.
- Ethical Governance — Keysight is committed to conducting business in an ethically responsible manner, with strategic and operational policies, procedures and values that support transparency, sustainability and legal compliance; this commitment underpins all our foundational pillars.
- The Environment — Keysight prioritizes natural resource conservation, emission reduction, waste minimization and pollution prevention, and partners with our suppliers and contractors to better achieve these goals; our ISO 14001:2015-certified Environmental Management System drives continuous reduction of any adverse environmental impact from our operations.
- Responsible Sourcing — Keysight has strong partnerships with strategic suppliers to ensure mutual success and commitment to leadership in sustainable practices, technology and business operations.
- Our People — Keysight values a diverse, inclusive and respectful work environment where all employees enjoy challenging assignments, development opportunities, competitive salaries, and a safe environment.
- Our Communities — Keysight contributes to the communities where the company operates, participating in local and global volunteer efforts and supporting numerous charitable and educational organizations.
- Our Solutions — Keysight helps build a better planet through our sustainably developed electronic measurement solutions that accelerate innovations to change lives, secure the world and connect people across the globe.
Keysight’s CSR Governance & Management
Keysight’s CSR program is managed by a cross-functional governance team responsible for making progress towards the company’s corporate citizenship vision and meeting stakeholder expectations by identifying program elements and driving accountabilities company-wide. As part of its CSR management system, Keysight’s CSR Governance Team follows a standard Plan>Do>Check>Act process to effectively manage the program elements and set accountability.
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight delivers advanced design and validation solutions that help accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world. Keysight’s dedication to speed and precision extends to software-driven insights and analytics that bring tomorrow’s technology products to market faster across the development lifecycle, in design simulation, prototype validation, automated software testing, manufacturing analysis, and network performance optimization and visibility in enterprise, service provider and cloud environments. Our customers span the worldwide communications and industrial ecosystems, aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, semiconductor and general electronics markets. Keysight generated revenues of $4.2B in fiscal year 2020. For more information about Keysight Technologies (NYSE: KEYS), visit us at www.keysight.com.
# # #
Additional information about Keysight Technologies is available in the newsroom at https://www.keysight.com/go/news and on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Geri Lynne LaCombe, Americas
+1 303 662–4748
Fusako Dohi, Asia
+81 42 660–2162