Create Savings, Not Heat
The Keysight RP7900 Series regenerative power supply provides both sourcing and electrical loading up to 20 kW. A bidirectional supply is ideal for testing energy storage and converters. Most electronic loads convert energy to heat which can cause a temperature rise in a rack — leading to measurement errors. A regenerative power supply safely returns the energy to the grid eliminating additional costs to remove the excess heat.
- Operate in a two-quadrant mode as a power source and regenerative electronic load.
- Up to 2000 V, up to ±800 A, up to 20 kW per instrument.
- Fast output speed and sub-millisecond command processing time.
- Create up to 200 kW power or loading through easy parallel connection.
- Regeneration returns 90% of power to the grid, reducing cooling costs.
- RP7970 Series offers photovoltaic simulation capability.
- Connectivity includes LAN (LXI Core), USB, and GPIB.
Seamlessly Source and Sink Current
The RP7900 Series regenerative power supply can operate in voltage or current priority. Voltage priority allows positive and negative current limits. The power supply can seamlessly change from sourcing current to sinking current. When testing energy storage systems, it is important to be able to switch between sourcing and sinking current.
Number of Outputs
5, 10, or 20 kW
Ripple and Noise
LAN, USB, GPIB
Want to see more specifications?
Find the Model that's Right for You
Extend the Capabilities
Data Sheets 2021.05.18
RP7900 Series Regenerative Power System
White Papers 2020.09.09
Save Energy in Your High-Power Test Applications
Build Your Power Supply Skill Set
ATE System Power Supply Integration – 4 Tips