Well, not sure genesys that old CAN run on windows 7. But I suspect your first problem is using a pcie card as the ltp1 port. I have heard many who could not get a USB to parallel port adapter to work because it only "emulated" a parallel port, but did not truly replicate it, so the software could not find it. You may have the same trouble.
Thanks for the response. I got things to work. Here is what I did.
In case users have Windows 7 questions here is the answer that will work for them.
1. Windows 7 does not support bidirectional parallel port features required by the parallel port dongles.
2. To run Genesys with a parallel port dongle on a Windows 7 machine you must install a Virtual XP machine.
3. The virtual machine needs to be created with VMWare. Windows XP Virtual PC does not support parallel ports either.
4. Download VMWare Player and create an XP machine. Use the add hardware option to install a virtual parallel port.
5. Install Genesys in the virtual PC and your ready to design.