Firmware for U1610A/U1620A Handheld Digital Oscilloscope
Always update your handheld oscilloscope with the latest firmware to maximize the performance of the instrument. Please follow all the instructions below step-by-step to ensure the firmware installation is successful through USB drive.
Ensure there are sufficient power supply and no power interruption to the handheld scope during the firmware loading process.
It’s recommended to connect the power source to the handheld scope during the firmware loading process.
|Release Date||Version||Version Description|
|2016-03-21||0.170.9||Firmware Installation Instructions for U1610A/U1620A Handheld Digital Oscilloscope - (Rev 0.170.9).|
How to Download
- Download the firmware zip file, unzip and copy the files updateNewATN.bin & updateNewATO.bin to a clean USB thumb drive (in root directory).
How to Install
NOTE: The firmware upgrade will reset system settings and erase waveform setup. Only waveform traces can be retrieved in the new firmware version.
Step 1: Plug the USB thumb drive into the handheld scope.
Step 2: Press User button and select -Host by toggling (pressing F1) the selection under the USB menu.
Step 3: Press User button and select Service by pressing F4 key.
Step 4: Select Update firmware by pressing F1 key.
Step 5: Choose OK to proceed with the firmware update.
Step 6: The unit will update the firmware and reboot automatically.
Do note that it will take approximately 1 minute to copy the files (DO NOT press OK repeatedly during this process).
Step 7: Firmware will be updated and system will reboot automatically.
Step 8: Press User and select System Information (F5) key to check the firmware revision as follows:-
- Firmware: 0.170.9.C (For 100MHz scope, U1610A)
- Firmware : 0.170.9.A (For 200MHz scope, U1620A)
- Does Not Require a License
Add-On Software / Utilities
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Ensure the handheld scope is loaded with firmware version 130.4 or above before you proceed. You are required to upgrade the handheld scope to version 130.4 if the current version is 126.1 / 128.21 / 129.0.