FieldFox Current Firmware (N991x, N992x, and N993x models with older CPU)
NOTE: If your FieldFox has a new CPU (CPU2), or if you have an N995xA or N996xA, please go to this link.
To upgrade firmware:
- Power on the FieldFox
To view the current installed firmware in FieldFox
- Press System (7), press Service Diagnostics, press System Information
- The Current Version tab at the bottom of this page provides a link to download the latest firmware
- Follow the appropriate Update Instructions from the table below
|Current Firmware Revision||Updated Firmware Revision||Update Instructions|
(Supports all FieldFox models)
Back up all user state files before upgrading to firmware revision A.08.xx
• Support new options: 312 (Channel scanner) and 355 (Analog demodulation)
• Fixed: SCPI state file will fail siliently when non-system menu is in the menu history.
• Fixed: QuickCal fails with 'ArgumentOutOfRangeException' when using 1.5m cable and narrow span below 1MHz.
• Fixed: File Manager: Scrolling on empty list causes unit to freeze.
• Add support for Peak and Average power sensor model U2044XA. (Requires firmware A.08.06)
Supports DataLink 4.12
|Updating to / within A.06.xx|
|A.04.xx or A.05.xx||
Latest release (A.05.53*)
|Updating within A.04.xx or A.05.xx|
A.04.02 (US/SG serial numbers)
|Updating A.02.xx or A.03.xx|
NOTE: Firmware upgrades do not affect the measurement accuracy of a FieldFox instrument. An annual calibration of a FieldFox remains valid following a firmware upgrade
To downgrade firmware:
- Some restriction apply when downgrading FieldFox firmware. Click here to view the instructions
Click here to view significant firmware history changes
|Release Date||Version||Version Description|
|2016-03-07||A.08.15||Zip file containing firmware files|
How to Download
- Click the download button, select file, save and unzip.
How to Install
- NOTE!!! Please backup all user state files to computer or USB flash drive before updating to firmware revision A.07.7x/A.08.xx.
- Some earlier units (typically N9912A and N9923A) may run out of internal storage space to unpack the firmware. Please delete all internal user saved files and then proceed with the update.
- See A.07.xx/A.08.xx firmware update supporting documentation for installation process.
- Does Not Require a License
- ***Before updating to firmware revision A.07.xx or later, please MAKE SURE the time, date and time zone are set correctly. After installing this version, you will only be able to change your time once per day, and no more than 5 hours backwards.***
- N9912A, N9923A, N9913A, N9914A, N9915A, N9916A, N9917A, N9918A, N9925A, N9926A, N9927A, N9928A, N9935A, N9936A, N9937A, N9938A