33500 Series Firmware
Keysight Technologies is pleased to offer free downloadable firmware updates containing enhanced features and bug fixes for your 33500 Series Waveform Generators. Using the Keysight Firmware Update Utility, updates to the 33500 Series Waveform Generators are available through the instrument’s LAN, GPIB, and USB IO ports, or front panel USB ‘host’ port.
The following improvements have been made in firmware release 3.03:
- You can now use more than one character when setting the Cal Password
- You can now use more than one character while naming a file
- Improved behavior when performing a state recall of a BURST waveform
- Instrument now allows loading over 1000 arb segments into volatile memory
- Improved sweep behavior of an IQ arb
- Improved error checking when saving large arb files
- TRIG:COUNT:DEF now functions properly
- TIMER MIN/MAX/DEF now functions properly
- FM frequency functions properly when modulating arb waveforms
- Improved behavior of the Burst function while using Pulse waveforms
- Improved the behavior SYNC output during a state recall
|Release Date||Version||Version Description|
|2014-03-26||3.03||You can now use more than one character when setting the Cal Password. You can now use more than one character while naming a file. Improved behavior when performing a state recall of a BURST waveform...|
How to Download
- Click the Download button and select the file of interest.
- Save the file to your computer and note the directory where the file is saved. A firmware update installed over the LAN, GPIB, or USB interface is a file with a .upd extension.
- Unzip the file to access the .upd file. For updates using a front panel USB drive, the utility extracts the required files from the (unzipped) .upd file.
How to Install
- 1From the utility directory or Start menu, start the utility (FWUpdate.exe). The utility will prompt you for the location of the .upd file. Follow the additional prompts to complete the installation.
- The update may take several seconds to complete and will reboot the instrument. After the update is complete, exit the utility.
- It is not necessary to re-calibrate the instrument following a firmware-update; however, the instrument may need to be re-secured if it was unsecured to perform the update.
- 335xx Firmware LAN Installation Instructions
- 335xx Firmware USB Installation Instructions
- Does Not Require a License
Add-On Software / Utilities
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Prior to updating the firmware, 33500 Series Waveform Generators with Security Option SEC must have the security feature unlocked. To unlock instrument security, press:
System − Test/Admin – Security – Secure Code
and enter the security code. The security feature can also be unlocked using the command:
CALibration:SECurity:STATe OFF, security_code
The factory-set security code is 'AT33500' For additional security this code may have been changed from its factory setting.