33500 Series Firmware
Keysight Technologies is pleased to offer free downloadable firmware updates containing enhanced features and bug fixes for your 33500 Series Waveform Generators. Using the Keysight Firmware Update Utility, updates to the 33500 Series Waveform Generators are available through the instrument’s LAN, GPIB, and USB IO ports, or front panel USB ‘host’ port.
The following improvements have been made in firmware release 3.05:
• Log Sweep has been fixed to allow for low start and stop frequencies. Impossible log sweep combinations now detected and a “Settings Conflict” error is generated
• Linear Sweep has been fixed to allow for very small frequency spans (less than 0.1 Hz) with long sweep times (greater than 100 seconds). Impossible linear sweep combinations now detected and a “Settings Conflict” error is generated.
• Reduced brief transient voltage when power is turned off
• Faster power-up
• Proper knob operation when editing arbitrary waveforms from the front panel
• Corrects burst setup for triangle waveforms
• Allows more frequency resolution to be visible on the front panel in List Mode
• Allows more Phase Offset resolution on the front panel (increased from 0.1 degree to 0.001 degrees)
|Release Date||Version||Version Description|
|2015-12-21||3.05||Improved Log and Linear Sweep, faster power-up, better ARB editing from the front panel, more Frequency Resolution visible in List Mode, more Offset Resolution visible on front panel.|
How to Download
- Click the Download button.
- Save the firmware file to your computer and note the directory where the file is saved. Firmware updates installed over the LAN, GPIB, or USB interface are files with .upd extensions.
- Unzip the file to access the .upd file. For updates using a front panel USB drive, the utility extracts the required files from the (unzipped) .upd file.
- If not currently installed, download and install the Firmware Update Utility.
How to Install
- From the utility directory or Start menu, start the utility (FWUpdate.exe). The utility will prompt you for the location of the .upd file. Follow the additional prompts to complete the installation.
- If updating from the LAN, USB, or GPIB interface the instrument address is required. With the instrument turned on, pressing Help – About displays the addresses.
- The update may take several seconds to complete and will reboot the instrument. After the update is complete, exit the utility.
- It is not necessary to re-calibrate the instrument following a firmware-update; however, the instrument may need to be re-secured if it was unsecured to perform the update.
- Does Not Require a License
Add-On Software / Utilities
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Prior to updating the firmware, 33500 Series Waveform Generators with Security Option SEC must have the security feature unlocked. To unlock instrument security, press:
System − Test/Admin – Security – Secure Code
and enter the security code. The security feature can also be unlocked using the command:
CALibration:SECurity:STATe OFF, security_code
The factory-set security code is 'AT33500'.
For additional security this code may have been changed from its factory setting.
- 33509B, 33510B, 33511B, 33512B, 33519B, 33520B, 33521B, 33522B, 33521A, 33522A