For firmware revision 1.08 and greater, updates to the 53220A counter are available through the instrument’s LAN, GPIB, and USB IO ports, or front panel USB ‘host’ port using the Keysight Firmware Update Utility.
|2014-05-14||2.01||Firmware update 2.01.|
- 1. Click the Download button.
- 2. Save the firmware file to your computer and note the directory where the file is saved. Firmware updates installed over the LAN, GPIB, or USB interface are files with .upd extensions.
- 3. Unzip the file to access the .upd file. For updates using a front panel USB drive, the utility extracts the required files from the (unzipped) .upd file.
- 4. If not currently installed, download and install the Firmware Update Utility.
- From the utility directory or Start menu, start the utility (FWUpdate.exe). The utility will prompt you for the location of the .upd file. Follow the additional prompts to complete the installation.
If updating from the LAN, USB, or GPIB interface the instrument address is required. With the instrument turned on, pressing Help – About displays the addresses.
The update may take several seconds to complete and will reboot the instrument. After the update is complete, exit the utility.
- It is not necessary to re-calibrate the instrument following a firmware-update; however, the instrument may need to be re-secured if it was unsecured to perform the update.
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
When updating the firmware specific counter conditions are required to allow the update to proceed:
1. Calibration Security must be disabled. Press Utility - Cal/AutoCal. "Calibration UNLOCKED" must be displayed for the update to occur. If calibration is "LOCKED" enter the security code using the knob and arrow keys and press Unlock Cal. Calibration security can also be disabled using the command:
CALibration:SECurity:STATe OFF, security_code
The factory-set security code is 'AT532x0A' where 'x' is 1, 2, or 3 depending on the instrument model. For additional security this code may have been changed from its factory setting.
2. The counter must not be in 531xxA (SCPI) emulation mode. Pressing any front panel key will indicate if this mode is set. Cycle power to return the counter to its main (53200A) mode.