8166B Lightwave Multichannel System Firmware
This software does not update module firmware
Before downloading, view the module readme files to see revision information.
You may need to upgrade firmware because:
- You may need to use new modules that cannot work without the newest firmware. Your instrument will generate an error message if you try to insert a module that is not supported by your instrument's current firmware.
- New revisions of the 816x VXIplug&play Instrument Driver require the newest firmware revision. The 816x VXIplug&play Instrument Driver is supplied on the same Support Disk as firmware upgrades. Keysight 816x VXI Plug&Play Driver
- To enhance the usability and functionality of your instrument. New features may be available with new firmware revisions.
Keysight 8166B Firmware Upgrade Procedure
You require a PC, running MS Windows 95, NT 4.0, or higher, and a null-modem serial cable, such as is supplied with your 8166B mainframe.
To upgrade the 8166B firmware:
- Copy the Firmware\8166B folder from the Support CD-ROM to a folder on your PC. This folder contains the update tool ATTools_vX_XX.exe and a firmware image file named 66B_Vxxx.Z. "xxx" and "X_XX" refers to the most recent version numbers. For example: 66B_V303.Z is firmware version 3.03 for the 8166B instrument.
- Connect your instrument to your PC with the serial cable.
Turn on the 8166B and wait until the Keysight screen appears.
a) Quickly: Press, but do not hold the Aux hardkey, then press the Appl hardkey.
- If you were successful, the instrument displays: "Instrument Maintenance Mode".
- Otherwise, turn off the power and try again.
At your PC, click on ATTools_vX_XX.exe to start the update tool.
a) Click OK to confirm that you have completed steps 1 to 3.
b) When the serial connection has been established, which may be after a pause of around 30 seconds, the ATTools user interface is displayed.
Select the firmware image ( file type .Z ) in the file selection box, then click the Update Firmware button.
a) Click OK to confirm your choice of firmware upgrade.
The firmware upgrade is tracked by a progress bar in the the ATTools user interface.
a) When the update is complete, a confirmation message is displayed.
b) Click OK
- Click Exit to terminate ATTools.
- Your 8166B reboots automatically.
|Release Date||Version||Version Description|
|2010-11-22||5.25||8166B Mainframe Firmware with support of Reference Receiver and Reference Transmitter optical modules|
How to Download
- See Above
How to Install
- Information Not Available
- Does Not Require a License