H7230A #500 3070 Family Multiplexed User Fundamentals Class I
Audience: Engineers and technicians responsible for developing test programs on the Keysight 3070 Muxed board test system. This class is paired with H7230A #555: i3070 Muxed User Fundamentals Class II.
In Class I, learn to use the standard tools that are readily available on the 3070.
In Class II, learn more advanced features including FlashRAM and basic Boundary Scan. Plus learn to customize your tests, generate custom test models and receive an introduction to many of the optional test tools available on the 3070.
(Muxed systems are those using the classic Double Density multiplexed pin card.
The Unmuxed system uses the new Hybrid-144 non-multiplexed pin card.)
New test program developers: Gain an understanding of the test development process and Keysight 3070’s testing concepts. Learn to develop a board test starting with CAD data of the printed circuit board, through completion of the board’s description, generation of test fixture files and test programs, turn-on and debug of various test types using Keysight’s automated debug tools for unpowered tests (Shorts, Analog Incircuit test, TestJet/VTEP test) and PushButton Debug for powered tests (Power Supply setup, Digital Powered tests, Boundary Scan Interconnect tests, Powered Analog tests, etc.) Learn to support Engineering Change Orders applied to the printed circuit board.
What you will Learn
- Basic test development on the 3070 using Keysight tools
· Translation of CAD data to test files (generic description)
· Completion of the board’s description using Board Consultant
· Generation of test files using Test Consultant
· Generation of files needed to build the test fixture using Test Consultant
- Develop, turn-on and debug unpowered tests with the Keysight Auto-Debug tool: (Pins, Shorts, Analog Incircuit and VTEP).
- Develop, turn-on and debug powered tests using PushButton Debug: (Power Supply setup, Digital Incircuit, Boundary Scan Interconnect and Powered Analog)
- A basic understanding of electronics and some programming experience
- An introduction and preview of the week ahead
- Overview of the 3070’s hardware - how it works
- Overview of the 3070’s software - how you control it
- Develop the "config" file - a software description of the system and test
- Discuss the translation of CAD data
- Complete the board description using Keysight Board Consultant and the Part Description Editor.
- Generation and evaluation of the "testability.rpt"
- Discussion of the test fixture and fixture verification tools
- Generate Fixture Files and Test Files using Keysight Test Consultant
- Learn how the unpowered tests function (Pins, Shorts, Analog Incircuit and TestJet)
- Turn-on and debug each unpowered test type using Keysight’s Engineer Interface
- Learn how the powered tests work (Setup Power Supplies, Digital Incircuit and Analog Functional)
- Turn-on and debug the powered tests using Keysight’s PushButton Debug Interface
- Repeat the learned processes on a second board to insure quality learning. The second board expands the basic learning of the first board.
· Use Test Consultant in the Interactive Mode
· Use Fixture Consultant to customize fixture wiring
· Many challenging unpowered analog circuits.