GaN on SiC: RFMD High Power Doherty Design, Modeling & Measurement Webcast
1 Hour | Webcast - recorded | Where & When
INNOVATIONS IN EDA
WHY THIS WEBCAST IS IMPORTANT
Doherty power amplifier configurations have become a mainstay in the wireless infrastructure marketplace due to their efficiency enhancement capabilities when using statistically-based communication signals.
This presentation will:
• Provide an overview of Doherty concepts
• Explain textbook Doherty design methodology, and why trading off power for efficiency sets you up for failure
• Describe RFMD’s GaN on SiC product design methodology for Doherty amplifiers using analytical approaches including circuit & electro-magnetic (EM) simulation
• Explain how this design approach links to empirical tuning of the amplifier on the bench
• Discuss GaN model development, extraction and validation, including Load Pull and measurement results.
Christopher Burns, RF Power Platform Development Manager, RFMD
Christopher Burns received his BSEE University of Iowa in 1998 and his MSEE from the University of California – Santa Barbara in 2000. From 2000 until 2007 he was employed with Motorola and Freescale Semiconductor working on design and applications of LDMOS RF power transistors. Since 2008 he has been with RFMD in Chandler, AZ working on Gallium Nitride RF power amplifier products. He is currently the RF Power Platform Development Manager at RFMD
Where & When
|Price||Location||For more information|
|free||At Your PC||Enroll to view the March 7, 2013 recorded webcast|
Prices shown are list prices and are subject to change without notice.
Training & Event Materials
GaN on SiC: RFMD High Power Doherty Design, Modeling & Measurement Webcast Slides
Slides from the March 7, 2013 webcast
Seminar Materials 2013-03-07
PDF 1.29 MB