Last updated March 8, 2016
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a webpage. A cookie may contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your login information or search terms you have entered on our website. A cookie may also collect technical data related to your browsing session such as IP address, browser size, type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of visits to our website and the hyperlinks you visited.
What types of cookies does Keysight use?
The specific names and types of the cookies we use may change from time to time. As a general matter, we use the following types of cookies on our websites:
Required cookies are essential to enable core website functionality. These cookies enable the following features:
- Provide secure login
- Remember your login details and other preferences
- Get an online quote
- Configure a product
- Provide access to authorized content
- Allow us to analyze site usage so we can measure and improve performance
- Make sure the website looks consistent
Advertising cookies are used by Keysight and our advertising partners to deliver advertisements for Keysight products and services that are relevant to you and your interests. These cookies enable the following features:
- Allow you to share pages with social networks
- Serve ads for Keysight products and services related to your interests
By gathering and remembering information about your interactions with us online, these technologies allow us to provide you with a better web and marketing experience. Specifically, cookies enable Keysight to do the following:
- Customize our website to your needs, likes and dislikes.
- Provide an automated login process as a convenience for previously registered customers, ensuring that you will be identified accurately and linked with your registration data.
- Remember information you enter on our website, such as search terms, key words, names of products, or your contact information, making it easier for you to enter the information on subsequent visits.
- Provide a better web experience by letting us monitor what is working on our website in different locations and what is not.
- Know which emails have been opened by recipients and which links are clicked by recipients so that we may more accurately report on and improve our marketing communications to you.
- Employ analytics tools to measure traffic and usage trends on our website and in response to marketing emails.
Deliver advertisements for Keysight products and services that are relevant to you and your interests.
Keysight allows trusted third-party partners like Google and Adobe to employ cookies or other tracking technologies on our website. For example, we work with Google Adwords to manage Keysight advertising. Google helps us collect information about your activities on our website to provide you targeted Keysight advertising based upon your interests. We also use Adobe Analytics on our website to improve our website and/or detect errors. For this purpose, Adobe Analytics anonymously stores and analyzes various kinds of data, including the pages and links you have visited on our website, the time of the visit, and the type of browser you used. We may receive reports from these partners based on the information obtained through cookies, on an individual and aggregated basis. Keysight does not provide any personal information that we collect to these third party partners.
What types of choices do I have about cookies on Keysight’s website?
Cookies [non-EU]: Cookies can be removed explicitly using functionality built into most web browsers. You may also set up your web browser to notify you of cookie placement requests, to ask for permission to accept them, or to decline cookies completely. However, some features of the website may not function properly if you do not accept cookies. Please review your browser’s settings and instructions for information about how to manage your cookies.
What other types of technologies does Keysight use?
Return to Keysight Privacy Statement.