FieldFox Handheld Analyzer Comparison Summary
|Spectrum analysis||Cable and antenna test||Network analysis||Vector voltmeter||Built-in power meter||Interference analysis|
RF (combination) analyzer*
RF & microwave
|Maximum frequencies||4, 6 GHz||
4, 6.5, 9, 14, 18, 26.5 GHz
32, 44, 50 GHz
|4, 6 GHz||9, 14, 18, 26.5 GHz||
9, 14, 18, 26.5 GHz
32, 44, 50 GHz
|CAT/VNA mode||2 MHz||
|2 MHz||30 kHz||-|
|Spectrum analyzer mode||100 kHz||
|CAT/ vector network analysis|
|Cable and antenna analyzer||subset2|
|VNA full 2-port S-parameters||-||-|
|VNA time domain||-|
|1-port mixed-mode S-parameters||-||-|
|TDR cable measurements||-||-||-|
|Spectrum analyzer time gating||-||-||-|
|USB power sensor support|
|USB sensor meas. versus frequency|
|Pulse measurements with USB peak sensor|
|Built-in power meter||-|
|Remote control capability|
|GPS receiver||external only9||external only9|
|DC bias variable-voltage source||-||-|
|SCPI over LAN (free feature)|
|SCPI over USB (free feature)||-||10||-||-||10|
* Combination analyzers = Cable and antenna tester (CAT) + Vector network analyzer (VNA) + Spectrum analyzer
Refers to the measurement capability being available in the analyzer; either as standard or optional. Refer to the product’s Configuration Guide for option information.
- N995xA and N996xA are significantly faster than N991xA and N992xA. In most frequency ranges, the N995xA and N996xA models also have the highest dynamic range and best DANL. Measurement accuracy is comparable between the models. The Data Sheet should be used for a more detailed specification comparison.
- N993xA and N996xA (spectrum analyzer only models) offer the ability to measure VSWR/reflection (as an option), but not the full cable and antenna analyzer features.
- N9912A offers S11 magnitude and phase and S21 magnitude. There is no S21 phase. Calibration choices: OSL, response and QuickCal.
- N9912A’s QuickCal is a subset of the QuickCal available on other FieldFox models.
- QuickCal is not available on N9950A, N9951A, and N9952A.
- N9912A’s VVM includes a subset of the features: 1-port cable trimming mag and phase, and 2-port transmission magnitude. The full VVM (available on other models) includes 1-port cable trimming mag and phase, 2-port transmission mag and phase, A/B and B/A.
- FieldFox’s interference analyzer capability includes spectrogram, waterfall, and trace playback and recording.
- ERTA: Extended range transmission analysis. ERTA enables scalar transmission measurement of long-cables using two FieldFoxes.
- N9912A and N9923A can display GPS information using an external USB GPS receiver which the user needs to purchase separately. All other FieldFox models have a built-in GPS receiver, available as option 307. The user will need to purchase a GPS antenna N9910X-825.
- SCPI over USB is only available on N995xA and N996xA models; it is not available on N991xA, N992xA, and N993xA analyzer.
Select a FieldFox from twenty two different models and explore more
RF (combination) analyzer
RF vector network analyzer
RF & microwave (combination) analyzer
Microwave vector network analyzer
Microwave spectrum analyzer