Foundry Partners - Wolfspeed, A Cree Company
Cree Overview Video on YouTube — In this video, Jeremy Fisher, Manager of the MMIC Design and Test Group at Cree, describes what Cree provides for mutual customers of Keysight EEsof EDA and Cree.
Broadband performance - Enables high power, multi-octave bandwidth amplifiers
Wolfspeed's (a Cree Company) GaN HEMT MMIC processes are available for MMIC development using full-wafer service (FWS) or a shared multi-project MASK SET (SM) fabrication service. The process features high-power density (4 Watts/mm) transistors, slot vias, high reliability up to 225ºC operating junction temperatures, and scalable unit cells (1 to 8mm/Cell). The value of such MMICs is more power bandwidth and higher efficiency within a smaller footprint compared to other MMIC technologies.
Wolfspeed, a Cree Company has been assessed by the Department of Defense (DoD) to Manufacturing Readiness Level 8 and higher.
|Process Name||Process Description||ADS||Front/Back PDK||Momentum Substrate||MMIC Toolbar||DRC||LVS||ETH|
|G28V3||0.4 µm GaN HEMT||2011+||F/B||Y||Y||Y||Y||N|
|G50V3||0.4 µm GaN HEMT, High Breakdown||2011+||F/B||Y||Y||Y||Y||N|
|G28V4||0.25 µm GaN HEMT||2011+||F/B||Y||Y||Y||Y||N|
|G40V3||0.25 µm GaN HEMT, High Breakdown||2011+||F/B||Y||Y||Y||Y||N|
Free ADS Workspace Download
Using Simulation to Optimize the Performance of your Wolfspeed, a Cree Company Parts
To help designers get the most out of Wolfspeed, a Cree Company devices, Keysight Technologies has developed a free, downloadable ADS workspace with an instructional Application Note (publication number 5991-4154EN). Several load-pull and DC I-V simulations are included to help you determine ways to optimize and characterize your Wolfspeed, a Cree Company part.
- Cree Announces Wolfspeed – the New Name for the Power and RF Business (September 2, 2015)
- Cree Releases Improved, Free Process Design Kit (PDK) in Agilent’s Advanced Design System (ADS) to Develop GaN-on-SiC HEMT Devices (July 21, 2014)
- Cree Releases Verilog-A RF Device Models to Accelerate GaN Adoption in 4G/LTE Telecom Infrastructure (June 19, 2012)
- Cree Announces Free Process Design Kit Update for Use with Keysight Technologies’ Advanced Design System to Develop GaN-on-SiC HEMT Devices (June 13, 2012)
- Cree Delivers GaN Process Design Kit for Use with Keysight’s Advanced Design System EDA Software—Shortens MMIC Design Cycles (June 13, 2008)
For more information, refer to Wolfspeed Foundry Services .
Return to III-V Foundry PDKs.