How Can I Verify That My Emulation Probe is Working Properly?
The basic functionality of the emulation probe can be verified by running a test called pv.
PV, which stands for performance verification, will run a suite of tests that will verify that the emulation probe is functioning correctly.
Instructions for running PV through the built-in terminal interface
- End any Run Control sessions.
- Disconnect the 50-pin cable from the emulation probe, and plug the self test board, part number E3496-66502, into the emulation probe.
- Telnet to the IP address of the emulation probe.
- From the prompt, type pv n, where n is an integer number that represents the number of iterations to be performed.
- If everything passes, you may wish to plug the self test board into the cable, which is connected to the emulation probe. This will rule out problems with the cabling.
NOTE: This can also be performed through an RS-232 connection to the emulation probe. It this case a terminal emulator is necessary to interface to the probe.
NOTE: This document does not apply to traditional emulators.