Scenario Files for E4438C-409 and E8267D-409 GPS Personality
When you install Option 409, a GPS directory is created in the ESG/PSG non-volatile memory and two multi-satellite GPS scenario files are loaded into the GPS directory. Additional scenario files are available below. After downloading a scenario file to your PC, you can download the scenario file to the ESG/PSG using FTP over a local area network (LAN) or by using the ESG/PSG web interface.
Downloading Scenario Files Using ESG/PSG Web Interface
The following procedure describes how to download scenario files to an ESG/PSG using the ESG/PSG Web interface and LAN connection:
- Open your Web browser and type in the IP address of your ESG/PSG. Internet Explorer is recommended. The ESG/PSG’s Welcome Web page is displayed.
Click on the “Signal Generator FTP Access” button on the left side. Depending on your Web browser, you may see a Windows Explorer window with file folders displayed, or an Internet Explorer window with a list of directories. If you see the Windows Explorer window, go to step 3. Otherwise, continue with the steps below.
a. Click Page on the toolbar, and then select Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer.
b. If you do not see the option for Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer, click on Tools and select Internet Options. Click on the Advanced tab. In the “Browsing” section, check the box for “Enable FTP folder view (outside of Internet Explorer)” and then click OK to apply the settings change. Click Page on the toolbar again, and Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer should now be available.
- In the Windows Explorer window, open the “USER” folder and then the “GPS” folder.
- Locate the scenario file that was previously saved on your PC.
- Drag and drop the scenario file into the USER/GPS directory on the ESG/PSG.
Downloading Scenario Files Using FTP (LAN)
The following procedure describes how to download scenario files to an ESG/PSG using FTP on a PC connected to your ESG/PSG through a LAN:
- On the PC click Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
- At the command prompt, type cd [scenario_file_path] where [scenario_file_path] is the directory where you saved the scenario file on your PC. This sets the source directory for the FTP.
- Type ftp [IP address] or ftp [hostname] to connect to your ESG/PSG.
- At the user name prompt, press Enter
- At the password prompt, press Enter. You are now in the signal generator’s USER directory
- Type cd GPS to change to the USER/GPS director in the ESG/PSG.
- Type bin to set the file type to binary
- Type put [scenario_file] to transfer the file to the signal generator. Repeat this for all the files you need to transfer.
- Type quit or bye to end your FTP session
- Type exit to end the command prompt session
Scenario Files - January 2014