Solar Cell, Solar Module & Solar Array Test
The goal of achieving ever increasing solar cell efficiency and reduced cost demands accurate, repeatable, fast, and reliable test results. The research, design, and development work necessary to achieving superior performing, highly manufacturable solar cells, modules and arrays requires high performance test equipment. Keysight Power Supplies, Switch/Measurement units, Electronic Loads, and DMMs provide superior capability for measuring the I-V curve performance of cells, modules, and arrays in both forward and reverse polarities, in full radiation, and in shadow (darkness). Keysight´s products are well suited for making on the bench and rapid production line solar device measurements.
Producing quality solar modules and arrays in a production environment requires the characterization and sorting of solar cells. Matching the I-V performance of solar cells destined for installation in a common module or array is necessary for achieving optimum output power capability. Maximizing productivity and module or array performance means making fast, accurate and reliable measurements.
Measuring the forward I-V performance of a solar cell, module, or array involves loading the device with a constant voltage, varying the voltage in increments from zero to the device open circuit voltage (Voc), and measuring the output current. Zero volts corresponds to the maximum available short circuit current (Isc). At Voc, the measured output current of the device is zero. Measuring the reverse I-V performance of a shadowed (dark) solar device requires the application, in increments, of a reverse polarity voltage.
For more information: Solar Cell and Module Testing Application Note
Refine the List
By Type of Content
Nach Produkt Kategorie
Alle Produkt Kategorien
Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, Meters
Digital Multimeters (DMM)
- 34411A Digital Multimeter, 6½ Digit Enhanced Performance (2)
- 34410A Digital Multimeter, 6½ Digit High Performance (2)
- 34401A Digital Multimeter, 6½ Digit (3)
- 34420A Micro-Ohm Meter (2)
- 3458A Digital Multimeter, 8½ Digit (2)
- L4411A System Digital Multimeter, 6½ Digit High Performance (2)
- M9183A PXI Digital Multimeter, 6½ digit, Enhanced Performance (2)
- M9182A PXI Digital Multimeter, 6½ digit, High Performance (2)
- M9181A PXI Digital Multimeter, 6½ digit, Basic Features (2)
- U2741A USB Modular Digital Multimeter, 5½ digit (2)
- Handheld Digital Multimeters, Clamp and Calibrator Meters (2)
- B2980A Series Femto / Picoammeters and Electrometers / High Resistance Meters (2)
- U3400 Series Digital Multimeters (2)
- Digital Multimeters (DMM)
- Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, Meters
1-4 of 4
Keysight Veranstaltungs-Webseite für Deutschland
Willkommen zur neuen Keysight Veranstaltungs-Webseite für Deutschland
Electronic Measurement Events in Europe, Middle East & Africa
Electronic Measurement events in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa - seminars, trade shows, user group meetings, webcasts, tutorials and conferences.
Quickly Identify and Characterize Temperature Measurement Points Webcast
Original broadcast February 3, 2015
Webcast - recorded
Solar Energy – Distributed MPPT – Technology trends and testing methods - Web Seminar Recording
In this seminar we consider the challenges that people working on micronverters and DC power optimizers are facing. After a quick overview of characteristics of solar cells and modules, we explain how to Generate I-V curves...
Webcast - recorded