Serial Attached SCSI (SAS & SAS 2) Information Resource Center
Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) is a data-transfer technology for moving data to and from storage devices. SAS depends on a point-to-point serial protocol that replaces parallel SCSI bus technology that is commonly used in data centers, workstations and servers. The technology is based on a serial transmission scheme and uses an embedded clock with the 8b/10b data encoding scheme.
The SAS technology is currently at its second generation. It is referred to as SAS-2 and covers speeds of up to 6Gb/s, allowing for faster data transfer than the previous generation. Its predecessor, SAS-1 only covers speeds of up to 3Gb/s. One of the uniqueness of SAS is it offers backwards-compatibility with Serial ATA (SATA) storage devices. SATA devices may be connected to SAS backplanes, but SAS drives may not be connected to SATA backplanes.
The T10 technical committee of the International Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS) develops and maintains the SAS protocol and physical layers, while the SCSI Trade Association (SCSITA) promotes the technology. Keysight is an active member and contributor of the T10 and SCSITA, with consistent participation in workshops and specifications development. These resources you find here will provide you with an overview of SAS design, understand the latest measurement techniques, and illustrate design and debug approaches. Keysight - achieve your best design.
Refine the List
By Type of Content
- Seminar (1)
By Product Category
All Product Categories
Generators, Sources, Supplies
DC Electronic Loads
- N3300A 1800 Watt DC Electronic Load Mainframe (1)
- N3301A 600 Watt DC Electronic Load Mainframe (1)
- N3302A 150 Watt Electronic Load Module (1)
- 6060 Series Single Input Electronic Loads (1)
- N3303A 250 Watt Electronic Load Module (1)
- N3304A 300 Watt Electronic Load Module (1)
- N3304A-J01 Special Order 300 W DC Electronic Load Module (1)
- N3300A Configurable Load Mainframe Series (1)
- N3305A 500 Watt Electronic Load Module (1)
- N3306A 600 Watt Electronic Load Module (1)
- N3307A 250 Watt Electronic Load Module (1)
- 6060B 300 Watt DC Electronic Load (1)
- 6063B 250 Watt DC Electronic Load (1)
- DC Electronic Loads
- Generators, Sources, Supplies
1 of 1
Electronic Measurement Events in Europe, Middle East & Africa
Electronic Measurement events in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa - seminars, trade shows, user group meetings, webcasts, tutorials and conferences.