N5182A MXG Vector Signal Generator, 100 kHz to 6 GHz
|Product Status:||Discontinued | Currently Supported|
A replacement for this product is available:
Key Features & Specifications
- 100 kHz to 3 or 6 GHz
- >+23 dBm up to 3 GHz using a highly-reliable, fast-switching electronic attenuator
- W-CDMA dynamic range: ≤-73 dBc at +5 dBm output power
- ≤900 μs simultaneous frequency, amplitude, and waveform switching in list mode
Modulation and sweep
- AM, FM, øM, and pulse
- ASK, FSK, MSK, PSK, QAM
- Digital step and list sweep with simultaneous switching of frequency, power, and waveform
Baseband generation and signal creation
- 100 MHz internal I/Q baseband generator with real-time equalization for excellent EVM performance
- Up to 64 MSa playback memory and 800 MSa storage
- Create reference signals: LTE, HSPA+, WiMAX™, WLAN, DVB-H, DAB, MATLAB and more - Signal Creation
- Multi-channel Baseband generation, Digital I/O, MIMO Fading and RF to RF fading with N5106A PXB baseband generator and channel emulator
Automation and communication interface
- 100BaseT LAN, LXI class-B, USB 2.0, and GPIB
- SCPI and IVI-COM drivers
- Backwards compatible with all ESG, PSG, 8648 signal generators, and other vendors´ signal generators
Designed for the most demanding manufacturing lines
Featuring fast frequency, amplitude, and waveform switching, high power with an electronic attenuator, and high reliability – all in two rack units (2RU) – N5182A MXG vector signal generator is optimized for manufacturing cellular communications and wireless connectivity components. The MXG signal generator vector provides better value for your investment by increasing throughput, improving test yield, maximizing uptime, and saving rack space. With scalable RF and baseband performance, the MXG signal generator is easily configured to meet your specific test needs.
Best-in-class RF performance for tomorrow's component design
With the industry's best combination of high power and distortion performance MXG vector signal generators ensure accurate component design verification. When combined with flexible signal creation tools such as Signal Studio software, the low ACLR (-73 dBc at +5 dBm for 1 carrier W-CDMA) makes the MXG a complete solution for W-CDMA, WiMAX™, and more.
Simplified self-maintenance decreases time for repair and performance verification, keeping downtime to less than 2 hours using field-replaceable assemblies.
Migrate to the new EXG X-Series signal generator and generate true performance
The new EXG offers the value and performance of the first-generation MXG, along with significant enhancements to waveform memory and bandwidth, reverse power protection and spurious levels and offers scaled up performance and functionality with options such as a real-time baseband generator, high output power, and a built-in multi-function generator. Why migrate from the first-generation MXG to the new EXG?