Starting From US$ 37,348
8169A Polarization Controller
- 8169A-022 Angled contact connectors
- R-51B-001-Z Return to Keysight Warranty - 3 years
Prices for: United States
* Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices shown are Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP). Prices shown are exclusive of taxes.
Key Features & Specifications
Notice to EU customers: This product is no longer available due to lack of compliance with EU RoHS directive 2011/65/EU. Keysight will continue service and support to the end of worldwide support life.
- High accuracy and repeatability of output polarization state: ±0.09° on Poincaré Sphere
- Low wavelength dependence of output polarization state: ±0.1°/nm on Poincaré Sphere
- High polarization extinction ratio >45 dB (1530 nm – 1560nm)
- Built-in auto-scanning for fast characterization across polarization states.
- Accepts high input power levels and polarized or unpolarized light sources
The 8169A Polarization Controller, with single-mode fiber input and output, is used to change light from any polarized or unpolarized light source into any well-defined state of polarization. The design based on bulk-optic zero-order waveplates and a high-performance linear polarizer at the input provides optimum determination and repeatability of polarization states over a wide wavelength range. The 8169A is especially well suited for use together with a tunable laser to make swept-wavelength measurements of the polarization dependence of fiberoptic devices, by setting a set of relatively orthogonal polarization states for Mueller Matrix analysis. These measurements are supported by a Plug&Play driver and coordinated operation of the 8169A with a Keysight tunable laser and power meters can be enhanced with the Photonic Foundations Library software package. The fundamental basis of this flexible instrument also supports many general applications requiring polarization control and analysis.
Built-in algorithms for controlled polarization scanning
Flexible attachment with interchangeable Keysight connector adapters
Highly accurate and repeatable output polarization reduces test setup and calibration time, and minimizes test uncertainties
- The low wavelength dependent movement of the output polarization state empowers high speed, swept-wavelength measurements and enables broadband applications.