N5412A Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) 1.5Gb/s and 3.0Gb/s Compliance Test Software and Test Fixtures
|Product Status:||Discontinued | Currently Supported|
A replacement for this product is available:
Key Features & Specifications
- Test setup wizard guides you through test selection, configuration, connection, execution, and results reporting
- Measurement connection setups are displayed
- Oscilloscope setup is automatically configured for each test
- Test results report documents test configuration, measurements made, pass/fail status, margin analysis, and waveforms
- Complete set of SAS IT/CT and IR/CR transmitter electrical tests for 1.5Gb/s and 3.0Gb/s
- Support OOB signaling tests for 6.0Gb/s
- Test definitions on UNH-IOL standard
- Trials test capability for quick comparison of multiple port configurations
- N5421A SFF-8482 Test Fixture
Keysight Technologies' N5412A serial attached SCSI (SAS) compliance test software for Infiniium oscilloscopes provides you with a fast and easy way to validate and debug your SAS 1.5Gb/s and 3.0Gb/s silicon, host bus adapter, initiator, high-density disk drive or enclosure backplane. The SAS electrical test software allows you to automatically execute SAS electrical checklist tests at each of the IT, CT, IR and CR interface points, and displays the results in a flexible report format. In addition to the measurement data, the report provides a margin analysis that shows how closely your device passed or failed each test.
To make measurements with the N5412A SAS compliance test software, you also will need a method of connecting to the SAS compliance interface on the electrical mating surfaces of your SAS connector. Keysight currently provides a full set of compliance test fixtures for the SFF-8482, SAS x2 internal drive/backplane connector interfaces. The N5421A SAS SFF-8482 compliance test fixture kit offers connectivity from the SFF-8482 primary and secondary transmitter and receiver differential ports to SMA for connection to Keysight Infiniium 80000, 90000 and 90000 X Series ultra-high-performance oscilloscopes. The N5421A kit also includes the TX and RX transient circuit test loads. Each of these test circuits is defined in Section 5.7.2, Zero-length test load, in the Serial Attached SCSI - 2.1 (SAS-2.1) Specification, Revision 4, September 17, 2009.
Keysight's solution for Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) Physical Layer Validation using the 80000 Series oscilloscope. (10 min)