N5392A Ethernet Electrical Performance Validation an 10, 100, 1G Compliance Software
|Product Status:||Discontinued | Currently Supported|
|Supported Until:||1 March 2019|
A replacement for this product is available:
Key Features & Specifications
- Test setup wizard guides you through test selection, configuration, connection, execution, and results reporting
- Measurement connection setups are displayed
- Oscilloscope setup is automatically configured for each test
- Test results report documents test configuration, measurements made, pass/fail status, margin analysis, and waveforms
- Wide-range of electrical tests are performed for 1000Base-T, 100Base-TX and 10Base-T
- 1000Base-T Disturbing Signal and Return Loss measurements
- N5395C Ethernet Test Fixture
- N5396A Gigabit Ethernet jitter test cable for jitter testing
- Use the N5467A User Defined Application tool (www.keysight.com/find/uda) to:
- Create and fully integrate custom tests, configuration variables and connection instructions.
- Insert external application calls into the run sequence, such as MATLAB scripts or your device controller.
- Configure additional external instruments used in your test suite.
The Keysight Technologies N5392A Ethernet electrical performance validation and compliance software for Infiniium Series oscilloscopes provides you with a fast and easy way to verify and debug your 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T Ethernet designs. The Ethernet electrical test software allows you to automatically execute Ethernet physical-layer (PHY) electrical tests, and it displays the results in a flexible report format. In addition to the measurement data, the report provides a margin analysis that shows how closely your device passed or failed each test.
The Ethernet electrical performance validation and compliance software performs a wide range of electrical tests to meet the Ethernet electrical specifications for 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T systems as documented in the IEEE 802.3-2005 and ANSI X3.263-1995 standards.
The N5392A Ethernet electrical performance validation and compliance software requires the Keysight N5395C Ethernet electrical compliance test fixture, at least one InfiniiMax active differential probe (1131A, 1132A, 1134A, 1168A or 1169A) with E2678A socketed differential probe head, and a BNC cable (for 1000BASE-T and 10BASE-T measurements only). To make jitter measurements for 1000BASE-T, you need to use the N5396A Gigabit Ethernet jitter test cable with the N5395C Ethernet test fixture, a second InfiniiMax active differential probe, and two E2677A or N5381A solder-in differential probe heads.
The N5392A Ethernet electrical performance validation and compliance software will run on all Infiniium Series oscilloscopes that has the Microsoft Windows XP Pro operating system.