86146B Benchtop High Performance Optical Spectrum Analyzer
|Product Status:||Obsolete | View Service Options|
No replacement found for this product.
Key Features & Specifications
Key Performance Specifications
- High amplitude accuracy (0.5 dB) and stability (10mdB), Low Polarization dependence (50mdB)
- Wide Wavelength Range (600nm to 1700nm), Highest Wavelength Accuracy (10pm) and Repeatability
- Widest Variability in Resolution Bandwidth (60pm to 10nm) with accurately calibrated filter shapes and excellent dynamic range
- Calibrated filter shapes and high accuracy = accurate system characterization.
- Flexible settings let the OSA fit into many applications
- Fast sweep speeds to maximize throughput
Wide Range of Applications
- Single Wavelength Channel Drop
- Fast sweep time due to its high and user selectable sensitivity (down to -90dBm)
- Built-in applications for Passive Component Test, WDM Test, Optical Amplifier Test, Source Test
- Optional built-in wavelength calibrator, white light source, current source, EELED source, multimode input and tunable filter output
The Keysight 86146B is a grating-based optical spectrum analyzer. The OSA uses a patented double-pass monochromator design to simultaneously achieve high sensitivity and dynamic range with a fast sweep time. This is key for characterizing DWDM components, broadband passive components, but also active optical components like narrowband sources (DFBs), wideband sources (FPs) and optical amplifier (EDFA, Raman amplifiers and SOAs).
The Keysight 86146B is a high performance benchtop optical spectrum analyzer with a filter mode that provides the flexibility to drop a single DWDM channel with fast-tuning speed, low-insertion loss, and highly repeatable wavelength accuracy.
Another application of the filter mode is to measure time-resolved chirp (TRC). Using the filter with a 86100C DCA, chirp measurements can be made on lasers.
- High wavelength and amplitude accuracy together with calibrated filter shapes allows you to accurately characterize your system performance.
- Wide variability in resolution bandwidth and sensitivity gives you the flexibility to use and reuse the OSA in different setups and applications.
- The fast sweep speeds at user selectable sensitivity maximizes your measurement throughput.
- Keysight’s powerful application concept reduces training effort and test development time and makes complex and repetitive measurements simple and repeatable.
- Dispersion compensated filter mode enables you to drop a single DWDM channel.
- Dispersion compensated filter mode enables you to measure time resolved chirp (TRC) and calculate dispersion penalty (DP).