E4438C-402 TDMA Personality (GSM, GPRS, EDGE, EGPRS, NADC, PCD, PHS, TETRA, DECT), Fixed Perpetual License
A replacement for this product is available:
E4438C ESG vector signal generator
- E4438C-503 Frequency Range, 250kHz to 3 GHz
- E4438C-1E5 High-stability time-base
- E4438C-005 Hard Drive 6 Gbyte
- E4438C-602 Internal baseband generator, 64 Msa memory with digital bus capability
- E4438C-402 TDMA personalities (GSM, EDGE, NADC, PDC, PHS, DECT, TETRA), fixed perpetual license
- E4438C-403 Calibrated noise personality, fixed perpetual license
- E4438C-CD1 CD of user guide and assembly level service manual
- R-51B-001-Z Return to Keysight Warranty - 3 years
Prices for: United Kingdom
* Prices are subject to change without notice. For pricing or a quote, you can also call 0800 0260637.
Key Features & Specifications
- Single-carrier GSM, GPRS, EDGE, EGPRS, NADC, PDC, PHS, TETRA, and DECT
- Modify signal parameters in real-time: data type, modulation type, symbol rate, filter type, burst shape, and more
- Evaluate BER/FER/BLER with fully-coded GSM and EDGE test signals
- Mixed GSM and EDGE timeslots in same frame
- I/Q impairments
Automation and Communication Interface
- Save configurations for quick setup
- Automate waveform playback with SCPI
- 10baseT LAN and GPIB
- Internal software application built-in to signal generator firmware; no PC required
The last date to order is 30-Nov-2015. Orders must be booked by 30-Nov-2015.
Replacement product: N5172B EXG X-Series RF Vector Signal Generator
Create Standards-Based TDMA Test Signals
Option 402 is a flexible signal creation suite for GSM, GPRS, EDGE, EGPRS, NADC, PDC, PHS, TETRA, and DECT. The TDMA personality enables the generation of development and manufacturing test signals for 2G and 2.5G mobile radios, base stations, and their components. Signal parameters are configured directly from the ESG front panel using a simple table-based interface or programmatically using SCPI over the LAN or GPIB interface.
Fully Coded Frame Structures for Receiver Test
Create fully coded single-carrier GSM and EDGE signals with standards-based frame structures and burst profiles to evaluate receiver performance. The sophisticated real-time capability allows you to quickly modify signal parameters, without waiting for arbitrary waveform rebuild and download, to efficiently verify the operational boundary conditions and stress the device under test.
Single and Multi-Carrier Component Test Signals
The ESG optional internal baseband generator features arbitrary waveform based single and multi-carrier TDMA signal creation that is included free with the purchase of the baseband generator. These signals are primarily intended for component test and therefore do not include the channel coding, framing, or bursting capability available in the real-time TDMA personality.
The real-time TDMA personality is recommended for testing mobile radios, base stations, and their components. The fully coded GSM and EDGE signals enable receiver bit error rate (BER), frame error rate (FER), and block error rate (BLER) analysis. Common measurements include receiver sensitivity and selectivity, maximum input level, demodulation performance in the presence of interference, and verification of ASIC and DSP decoding algorithms.
This option can be added as a product upgrade.