A replacement for this product is available:
Starting From US$ 6,968
E4438C ESG vector signal generator
- E4438C-503 Frequency Range, 250kHz to 3 GHz
- E4438C-1E5 High-stability time-base
- E4438C-005 Hard Drive 6 Gbyte
- E4438C-602 Internal baseband generator, 64 Msa memory with digital bus capability
- E4438C-400 W-CDMA FDD personality, fixed perpetual license
- E4438C-403 Calibrated noise personality, fixed perpetual license
- E4438C-CD1 CD of user guide and assembly level service manual
- R-51B-001-Z Return to Keysight Warranty - 3 years
Prices for: United States
* Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices shown are Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP). Prices shown are exclusive of taxes.
Key Features & Specifications
- Single- and multi-carrier 3GPP W-CDMA signals
- Configure uplink and downlink channel parameters
- Presets for standards-based Test Models (1-5), Reference Measurement Channels, and conformance tests
- Physical layer and transport layer coding enable component/amplifier testing and receiver/sensitivity testing
Signal Generator Control and Additive Impairments
- Compatible signal generators: E4438C ESG
- I/Q impairments and real-time AWGN
Automation and Communication Interface
- Automate test with SCPI
- LAN and GPIB
- Graphs: CCDF and CDP
- Internal software application built-in to signal generator firmware; no PC required; includes embedded help
- Advanced features include: Transmit diversity, compressed mode, DPCH/OCNS power balancing, real-time power control, and multiple PRACH
The last date to order is 30-Nov-2015. Orders must be booked by 30-Nov-2015.
Replacement product: N5172B EXG X-Series RF Vector Signal Generator
Test W-CDMA Components and Receivers
Option 400 provides a powerful development and manufacturing signal creation suite for evolving 3G mobile radios, base stations, and their components. The simple user-interface enables quick configuration of advanced capabilities directly from the ESG front panel or programmatically using SCPI over the LAN or GPIB interface.
Create Up to 16 Carriers to Test MCPAs
Test W-CDMA and HSDPA components, including multicarrier power amplifiers (MCPAs), with up to 16 carriers placed within a 75 MHz bandwidth. Choose from predefined setups including Test Models 1 through 5 or set up custom channel configurations to meet your specific test needs. Multiple filter selections and flexible baseband clipping allow you to control the crest factor of individual carriers.
Fully Coded Signals for Receiver BER, FER, and BLER Analysis
Thoroughly test your receiver's RF and baseband subsections with flexible transport layer coded 3GPP W-CDMA signals. Modify signal coding parameters in real-time to efficiently test demodulation and decoding algorithms without waiting for long arbitrary waveform rebuild and download delays. Standards based predefined setups are available to quickly evaluate key receiver performance metrics and you can add real-time power control, compressed mode, transmit diversity, or OCNS to the fully coded W-CDMA signals to exercise the advanced feature sets in your receiver design. For receiver tests in the presence of AWGN, the optional calibrated noise personality enables setting the signal to noise ratio as Eb/No or C/N with digital accuracy.
For help determining which W-CDMA signal creation option is right for you, refer to the FAQ: Which W-CDMA option do I need?
This option can be added as a product upgrade.