W2359EP PIPro Power Integrity EM Analysis Element
W2359EP PIPro software license
- R-35A-001-A Node-locked license
- R-36A-001-L 12 months upgrades and support - node-locked
Prices for: United States
* Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices shown are Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP). Prices shown are exclusive of taxes.
Key Features & Specifications
Key benefits of PIPro include:
- Speed and Accuracy - The EM technologies in PIPro are tuned specifically for Power Integrity (PI) applications, they are much faster and more efficient than general purpose EM tools.
- Designed for Usability - PIPro shares a common graphical user interface (GUI) in Advanced Design System (ADS) that is architected specifically for PI analysis. Navigating and setting up EM simulations on complex PCBs is made fast and simple with a net-driven use model. With the high-capacity solvers in PIPro, it is no longer necessary to spend hours manually simplifying designs, such as cookie-cutting and removing layers and nets, that is typically done with general purpose EM tools. Also, setting up EM ports and solver settings is much more automated than in general purpose EM tools.
- Cohesive Work Flow - With one common environment for both SI and PI analyses, one setup can be easily copied from one analysis-type to another. Resulting EM models transfer seamlessly back to schematic for futher simulation with Transient and Channel simulators. This flow eliminates the need to switch between different point tools, saving valuable engineering time.
PIPro provides power integrity analysis of your power distribution network (PDN), including DC IR drop analysis, AC impedance analysis and power plane resonance analysis. PIPro utilizes a common setup and analysis environment within Advanced Design System (ADS).
PIPro Work Flow
The PIPro work flow includes design import, analysis setup, simulation, analyses and automatic schematic generation for further simulation.
PCB layout designs can be imported to ADS using ODB++, .brd (Cadence Allegro) and ADFI formats. Once in ADS, the design is opened in the SIPro / PIPro analysis environment where it is viewed, zoomed and rotated in 3D.
PIPro Analysis Setup
Select the Voltage Regulator Modules (VRMs), components and sinks that you want to include in the analysis. For AC analysis, specify component models to be used for decoupling capacitors (decaps)
The following analyses can be performed in PIPro:
DC IR drop analysis
- Voltage delivered to each sink, and failures based on user-defined tolerances
- Current flow through each via, and failures based on user-defined maximum values
- 3D voltage distribution plot
- 3D current density plot
- 3D power loss density plot
AC PDN impedance analysis
- PDN impedances vs. frequency
- S-parameter model extraction of PDN
- 3D field plots and current density plots
- Decap tuning – quickly see effects of changing decap values without resimulating
Power plane resonance analysis
- Self-resonant frequencies and quality factors for the PDN
- 3D field plots
SIPro and PIPro Product Configurations
W2223BP/BT ADS Bundle
W2224BP/BT ADS Bundle
W2359EP/ET PIPro Element*
W2360EP/ET SIPro Element*
|ADS Core Environment|
|Transient Convolution Simulation|
|Controlled Impedance Line Designer|
|Momentum EM Analysis|
|PIPro EM Analyses|
|SIPro EM Analysis|
* Use of SIPro and PIPro Elements require ADS Core Environment and ADS Layout.
Related Industries & Technologies
Training & Events