N8832A Frequency Domain Analysis Application
|Product Status:||Discontinued | Currently Supported|
No replacement found for this product.
Key Features & Specifications
- Make multiple frequency domain measurements for Keysight oscilloscopes with this N8832A scope option - provides the user-extensible frequency domain application example, the modifiable source code, and MATLAB® software to extend the capability – all in a single option.
- Acquire live signals from the oscilloscope and visualize them in the frequency domain including a power spectral density (PSD) and spectrogram. Make frequency domain measurements including relevant peaks, occupied bandwidth, SNR, THD (total harmonic distortion), SFDR (spurious free dynamic range), and frequency error.
- Fully customizable by the user to extend to existing application capabilities or add new ones to meet specific testing needs now or unanticipated requirements in the future.
- View the detailed capabilities of this application example to learn how it can be used with your Keysight oscilloscope.
Two operating modes
- Install and use directly on the oscilloscope (Infiniium Series oscilloscopes)
- Install and use directly on a remote PC (InfiniiVision or Infiniium Series oscilloscopes)
- The frequency domain analysis application example
- The modifiable application and source code - allows user to customize or extend the application or analysis routines for specific testing needs
MATLAB software (MATLAB, Instrument Control Toolbox, Signal Processing Toolbox, DSP System Toolbox) to execute and optionally modify this application
Oscilloscope users traditionally work in the time domain, but increasingly also need to make and analyze measurements in the frequency domain. This application option enables the user’s oscilloscope to perform frequency domain analysis of time domain signals acquired using Keysight oscilloscopes.
Specifically, this application acquires a signal using a Keysight Infiniium or InfiniiVision Series oscilloscope and visualizes it in the frequency domain and allows for user selectable analysis.
Frequency domain analysis and measurements - In addition to the time domain measurements and visualization already provided by the oscilloscope, this application allows a user to visualize the power spectral density (PSD) of the acquired signal and the spectrogram. In addition, the application allows the user to find relevant peaks in the PSD and also make measurements such as occupied bandwidth, SNR, THD (total harmonic distortion), SFDR (spurious free dynamic range), and frequency error.
All of this can be visualized and measured without a single line of programming.
- The application example provides useful capabilities, including:
- Making frequency domain measurements in an application including relevant peaks in the PSD and also make measurements such as occupied bandwidth, SNR, THD (total harmonic distortion), SFDR (spurious free dynamic range), and frequency error.
- Oscilloscope configuration through the application to allow for repeatable instrument configuration and measurements. Optionally include additional SCPI instrument for additional instrument setup.
- Extending the application by adding custom signal processing commands prior to frequency domain visualization.
- Optionally save the time domain data to a .MAT file for offline analysis in MATLAB software.
Application extendibility options – This Keysight option includes not only the application example but also the modifiable application and source code. This allows the user to customize or extend the application or analysis routines for specific testing needs. In addition, MathWorks Consulting Services are optionally available for a separate cost to support your extension of the application to your testing needs. To discuss how the MathWorks Consulting team could work with you, contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Includes MATLAB software – Finally, as an industry first for oscilloscopes, this Keysight option automatically includes MATLAB software to modify or execute this application. MATLAB is the software environment and programming language used to extend the capabilities of Keysight instruments. MATLAB provides the capability to build custom graphical user interfaces (GUIs) that leverage the rich engineering function libraries and routines in MATLAB and apply them to data from Keysight instruments. Keysight is the only T&M manufacturer today that can offer the capability to sell the complete solution of hardware and MATLAB software to extend the capabilities of Keysight instruments.
This option can be added as a product upgrade to an already purchased Keysight oscilloscope.