W2372EP RF Architect, Synthesis, Modulated RF Element
W2372EP RF Architect, Synthesis, Modulated-RF element software license
- R-35B-001-A Node-locked license
- R-36B-001-L 12 months upgrades and support - node-locked
- E8900K-030 USB hardware key for EEsof 2011 or later version software and 64 bit OS
Prices for: United States
* Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices shown are Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP). Prices shown are exclusive of taxes.
Key Features & Specifications
- Personal circuit synthesis & RF system design tool for ADS users
- RF system architecture & budget analysis
- Modulated RF simulation for systems and circuits
- Complete circuit synthesis with custom filters, matching networks, mixers, equalizers, oscillators, signal control & PLL
The RF Architect, Synthesis, Modulated RF Element provides the industry’s most powerful communication system architecture, frequency planning and circuit/system synthesis capabilities from Genesys to the Advanced Design System (ADS), the flagship product from Keysight EEsof EDA. Analyzes RF systems with digitally modulated RF signals. It offers breakthrough budget analysis of EVM, BER, and ACPR on level diagrams which determine their contribution from each system component stage. You can then verify the system against LTE-3GPP and WLAN 802.11ac wireless standards. ADS is the only design simulation platform that enables the co-design of IC, package and board in high-frequency and hi-speed applications. It seamlessly integrates system, circuit, full 3D electromagnetic simulation with Keysight’s test instrumentation for you to do single pass successful electronic designs.
The ADS RF Architect, Synthesis, Modulated RF Element can also be run as a standalone Genesys bundle. It contains four powerful collections of capabilities that surpass all existing tools for:
- Spectrasys: RF system architecture design & budget analysis
- Modulated RF: Analyzes EVM, BER, and ACPR with verification against LTE-3GPP and WLAN 802.11ac wireless standards
- WhatIF: RF system frequency planning
- Synthesis: Synthesis of 11 classes of circuit and system components
Spectrasys is an RF system architecture design tool with an innovative spectral-domain system simulation technology that predicts the full spectrum at every node, with root cause analysis of the paths and sources of every mixing inter-modulation product at any node. This enables the system architect to perform interactive budget analysis with full knowledge of the origin of any spectral component in the system chain so that the specs for each system block can be adjusted with insightful guidance to achieve the desired system budget of gain, noise and inter-modulation. System architecture design, aided by root cause analysis of each spectral component at any node has never been possible before. Now you can eliminate the risk of under-analyzed system architecture causing downstream delays and costly rework.
- Spectral domain system simulation with root cause analysis to trace the paths and origins of mixing products that form the full spectrum at every node. Isolate and diagnose poor architecture choices before committing time consuming detailed block design or costly hardware.
- Over 100 pre-defined system measurements and system behavioral models to replace spreadsheets and home grown code for system architecture design and optimization.
- Integration with ADS, allowing the optimized RF system architecture and block specs to be transferred into the W2361 Ptolemy Element for detailed RF and analog circuit design and DSP algorithmic development.
Modulated RF analysis contains breakthrough inteactive budget analysis of EVM, BER, and ACPR on level diagrams which determine their contribution from each system component stage. You can then verify the system against LTE-3GPP and WLAN 802.11ac wireless standards with the accurate dataflow simulator from SystemVue.
Modulated RF includes:
- SystemVue dataflow simulator - the key enabler for digitally modulated RF signals to be used in the simulation of circuits and systems to calculate digital RF figure of merits such as EVM, BER and ACPR. It comes with 11 basic PSK and QAM digital modulation schemes, selectable through a pull down menu on the signal source. Once the digital modulation is selected, all dataflow parameters are automatically set up correctly for the analysis, thus relieving the RF engineer from having to deal with unfamiliar digital signal processing (DSP) dataflow parameters before starting the simulation.
- Modulated RF budget analysis - The modulated RF budget analysis of EVM, BER and ACPR on the level diagram is a breakthrough capability in the industry that enables the RF system designer to pinpoint which component in the system architecture is contributing to EVM, BER or ACPR failures. Unlike a single pass/fail simulation, the level diagram indicates stage-by-stage the relative contribution of each component in the system chain to the overall system performance. Based on patented fast estimation algorithms, modulated RF budget analysis also allows interactive tuning of individual component specs to see their relative impact on EVM, BER or ACPR during design.
- Verification library LTE-3GPP and WLAN 802.11ac - Instead of going through volumes of LTE-3GPP or WLAN802.11ac test and compliance specifications and trying to set up a simulation to verify your circuit or system design against them, you can simply do the verification with the included LTE-3GPP and WLAN 802.11ac verification libraries. The required modulation schemes and required analysis are already set up for your use on your design to know if it complies with the latest wireless standards.
WhatIF is the fastest and most thorough frequency planning tool available. It enables the RF system architect to choose intermediate frequencies (IFs) that are free from spurious interference with minimal filtering. It reduces weeks of manual permutations and analysis of mixing terms in determining their frequencies and amplitudes to a few hours of interactive, thorough and insightful graphical analysis. It eliminates the risk of incomplete and sub-optimal manual search due to the sheer number of permutation frequencies involved.
- Exhaustive synthesis search to analyze all possible spurs within a given frequency range from all mixing terms based on characteristics of mixers, RF frequency bands and bandwidths and desired IF bandwidth
- Unique display of spurs relative to IF power with identification of their mixing sources and orders by placing mouse cursor or markers over them
- Automatic identification of spur-free frequency bands
- Easy set up by entering mixer characteristics or spur table, RF frequencies and bandwidths and desired IF bandwidth
- Saving weeks of manual frequency planning with automatic search that yields optimal results in hours
Synthesis of circuit and system components in ADS is the most complete in the industry. It cuts days of looking up reference topologies and design equations to simply entering desired specifications and picking from the resultant choices of topologies being synthesized. Novice designers benefit from the choice of topologies that they may not have designed before while expert designers can enjoy days of time saving from automatic synthesis of their circuit and system components.
- Filter – Classical lumped filter synthesis for RF applications with over 100 topologies
- M/Filter – Distributed filer synthesis for Microwave applications with over 60 topologies
- S/Filter – Advanced direct LC/distributed filter synthesis for custom frequency response shape. Comes with over 200 lumped/distributed topological transforms
- A/Filter – Active op-amp filter synthesis with over 30 active topologies for baseband frequencies and control applications
- Equalize – Delay equalization synthesis to compensate for linear phase distortions
- Match – Impedance matching synthesis over narrow/broad frequency bands with lumped/distributed components and frequency dependent loads
- Oscillator – Oscillator synthesis with 19 different topologies
- Mixer – Mixer synthesis with 11 topologies using BJTs, FETs and diodes
- Advanced T/Line – Transmission line synthesis & lumped-distributed circuit conversion for 13 different line types with automatic discontinuity insertion
- PLL – Phase Locked Loop synthesis of analog loop filters and 5 setup wizards to design frequency synthesizers, phase/frequency modulators/demodulators
- Signal Control – Comprehensive splitter (10 types) , coupler (10 types), balun (5 types) and attenuator (2 types) synthesis
Unlike any other system architecture design, frequency planning or synthesis tool on the market at any price, the Genesys RF Architect & Synthesis Element for ADS offers superlative capabilities in these three categories of intelligent productivity tools. It is guaranteed to cut weeks off any RF system and component design project with measurable reduction on costs and risks by eliminating non-thorough manual analysis with spreadsheets and simplifying assumptions that yield sub-optimal designs which require costly rework downstream.
|Key Genesys Building Blocks of the RF Architect & Synthesis Element|
|Genesys Core Environment||Core design environment, linear simulator, optimization, layout, 3D view, statistics. Allows this ADS element to run as a standalone Genesys bundle|
|Genesys Synthesis||Includes 11 synthesis modules for passive and active components|
|Genesys System||System architecture and frequency planning simulators|
|Genesys Modulated RF||Modulated RF analysis for EVM, BER, and ACPR with verification against LTE-3GPP and WLAN 802.11ac wireless standards.|
Learn more about Genesys Key Building Blocks on the Genesys Product Structure & Options Summary.