B2961A 6.5 Digit Low Noise Power Source
Starting From US$ 6,375
B2961A 6.5 Digit Low Noise Power Source, 32W, 210V, 3A, 1ch
- B2961A-LN1 Ultra Low Noise Filter (42V/105mA, 50Ohm) for B2961/62A (N1294A-021)
- E3332C-903 Power Cord - United States and Canada (120V)
- R-51B-001-Z Return to Keysight Warranty - 3 years
Prices for: United States
* Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices shown are Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP). Prices shown are exclusive of taxes.
Key Features & Specifications
- 6.5 digit 1-channel, wide and bipolar voltage/current sourcing (100 nV - 210 V / 10 fA - 10.5 A, 31.8W)
- Best-in-class noise performance (10 µVrms, 1nVrms/√Hz) with external filter
- Precision arbitrary waveform capability with support for seven built-in functions and user defined waveforms (1 mHz - 10 kHz)
The Keysight B2961A/B2962A can provide a power supply and source solution that meets the difficult measurement challenges faced by researchers, designers and developers working on advanced components, circuits and materials.
A revolutionary power supply for precision low noise voltage/current sourcing featuring 6.5 digit, 100 nV/10 fA resolution, 10 μVrms noise, bipolar 210 V/3 A (10.5 A pulse) range, innovative sourcing functions, and GUI.
The Keysight B2961A/B2962A Power Sources have broad voltage (up to ±210 V) and current (up to ±3 A DC and ±10.5 A pulsed) sourcing ranges and excellent 6.5 digit resolution (minimum 100 nV/10 fA program resolution). This enables you to source voltage from 100 nV to 210 V and current from 10 fA to 3A DC / 10.5 A pulsed in a single box. Unlike a typical power supply/source, they support 4-quardant operation that gives you the freedom to accurately and precisely supply any voltage or current contained within their ranges and power limit (31.8W) regardless of polarity.
Best-in-class noise floor of 10 μVrms (1 nVrms / √Hz@10 kHz) outperforms that of even linear power supplies
Low noise performance is required for the development of noise sensitive applications such as VCOs (voltage controlled oscillators), ADC/DAC, new material evaluation, etc. However, conventional power supplies and sources have not been able to achieve the noise levels to meet these needs. The Keysight B2961A/B2962A supports an optional external filter that enables ultra-low noise output down to 10 µVrms and 1nVrms/√Hz (at 10 kHz), which has never before been possible on a low-cost bench-top source.
Flexible arbitrary waveform generation capabilities provide more flexibility than simple DC
In addition to DC output, the Keysight B2961A/B2962A has the ability to generate pulsed, swept and arbitrary waveforms in both voltage and current anywhere within its wide output range. Its arbitrary waveform generation capability supports common waveform types (sine, ramp, square, etc.) in addition to user-defined waveforms. This provides a great deal of versatility and allows the B2961A/B2962A to be used in many complex applications.
If you also look for precision source/measurement tips, we have many useful videos for you.
If you need more performance and capabilities for measurement, please also refer to the Keysight B2900A Precision Instrument Family.