Key Features & Specifications
- Capable of analyzing signals up to 110 GHz with Keysight M1970V, M1970E, M1970W and 11970 Series waveguide harmonic mixers
- Frequency coverage can be extended up to 1.1 THz with other vendors' mixers
- Amplitude corrections for conversion loss
- Signal identification (image shift and image suppression) and amplitude corrections for conversion loss
- Mixer biasing (-5 mA to +5 mA)
- Harmonic number automatically selected for M1970V, M1970E, M1970W and 11970 Series
- Supports the 89600 VSA software
- Available with Option 532 (32 GHz) or 544 (44 GHz) only
- Supports external source control (Option ESC) for millimeter-wave stimulus-response tests (requires A.14.xx firmware version or greater)
Option EXM provides external mixing capability to measure signals up to 1.1 THz. It supports Keysight's M1970V, M1970E, M1970W and Keysight 11970 Series waveguide harmonic mixers, as well as third party mixers that offer frequency coverage beyond 110 GHz.
It offers two types of signal identification; the image shift method and the image suppression method. When using the image shift method, you can view all the images as they are shifted on the display. The signal that does not move is the true signal, not an image. When the image suppression method is employed, all images are removed from the display leaving only the true signals.
Harmonic mixers have conversion loss between the RF input and the IF output. This conversion loss can be compensated by using amplitude correction.
An external diplexer is required to connect the 11970 series waveguide harmonic mixer with the N9010A EXA (equipped with this option). The recommended diplexer can be purchased from Keysight as model number N9029AE13 or from OML, Inc. as model number DPL.313B .
Contact your Keysight sales representative for ordering the N9029AE13.
This option can be added as a product upgrade