W1918EP LTE-Advanced Baseband Verification Library
The W1918 LTE-A Baseband Verification Library provides the industry’s leading commercial design support for the physical layer of 3GPP Release 8-13, enabling system and algorithm developers to deploy next-generation 4G performance with greater insight and greater confidence.
The LTE-A Baseband Verification Library is an optional simulation reference library for Keysight SystemVue. The block set, reference designs, and testbenches in the W1918 assist the design and verification of next-generation communication systems, by providing configurable physical layer waveforms and data for 3GPP Releases 8, 9 (LTE) and 10-12 (LTE-Advanced). The library is useful for simulation-based exploration of challenging algorithms, up to 8x8 MIMO Throughput verification, and integration with Keysight signal sources and analyzers.
What’s New for SystemVue 2016.08
- Over 40 new blocks and 8 example workspaces for Narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT), as part of the physical layer support for Release 13.2.0 (June 2016)
- Dynamic receiver measurement plots and tables, without requirement of external software
- Support for 256 QAM (both UL, DL)
- Support for Extended Cyclical Prefix (both UL, DL)
- Support for closed-loop TM4 TDD/FDD (DL)
- MMSE and MMSE-IRC for spatial multiplexing (DL receiver)
- W1918 is also included in the W1907 “5G Forward” library bundle, as featured in this 5G compatibility demonstration
The W1918 library includes the W1910 LTE library (LTE release 9.1), and further adds LTE-Advanced algorithmic reference models, providing well over 160 core simulation blocks and nearly 3 dozen reference designs and physical layer verifications, as called out in the standard.
LTE (3GPP Release 8, 9):
- Additional information about LTE support can be found on the W1910 product page
LTE-Advanced (3GPP Release 10-13):
- Data Sheet: W1918 LTE-Advanced Baseband Verification Library
- Webcast: LTE-Advanced: Overcoming Design Challenges for 4G PHY Architectures
- Application Note: LTE-Advanced Signal Generation and Measurement Using SystemVue
- Application Note: Accounting for Antenna and MIMO Channel Effects Using Keysight SystemVue
- Demonstration video: LTE-Advanced System-Level Design
Figure 1: SystemVue’s LTE-Advanced reference library provides a full blockset and test examples to verify NB-IoT (narrowband internet of things) physical layer links, as introduced in 3GPP Rel 13.
Figure 2. The W1918 now supports dynamic Adaptive Modulation and Coding (AMC) and Dynamic Point Selection (DPS) a technique for Coordinated Multi-Point (CoMP).
The W1918 LTE-Advanced Baseband Verification Library can be added as an option to any SystemVue environment or bundle. It interoperates especially well with the W1715 MIMO Channel Builder modelset, and can be used with the W1716 Digital Pre-Distortion Builder module.
- W1461 SystemVue Comms Architect
- W1462 SystemVue FPGA Architect
- W1464 SystemVue RF Architect
- W1465 SystemVue System Architect
- W1467 SystemVue Array Architect
To view all SystemVue configurations, refer to the SystemVue Product Structure & Options Summary.