86100D-201 Advanced Waveform Analysis Software
Key Features & Specifications
Deep memory waveform capture:
- Up to 4096 samples/bit, up to 2^23 bits long
- Create rich data files ideal for post-processing using your favorite analysis program
- Save precision waveform files for Standards based measurements such as Transmitted Waveform Dispersion Penalty (TWDP)
- Limited only by the size of your hard disk or memory stick
Built-in Linear Feedforward Equalizer (LFE):
- Model equalizer designs on actual signals before designing hardware
- Adjust number of taps (up to 15), tap gains, tap delay, and equalizer bandwidth
- Automatic tap optimization using PRBS patterns
- Perform simultaneous before and after eye waveform measurements
Real-time, integrated MATLAB measurements:
- Measurement scripts – create custom measurements for your application
- Waveform scripts – apply software filters to measured waveforms and display the results directly on the DCA-X
- Operates in Eye Mask, Scope, and TDR/TDT modes
- Many built-in scripts including Transmitter Waveform Dispersion Penalty (TWDP) wrapper, De-Emphasis measurements, Transition and Non-Transition waveforms, and Simulated Eye Diagrams from TDT traces.
Accelerate your design cycles with deeper insights in less time.
86100D-201 Advanced Waveform Analysis adds three power features to the 86100D DCA-X:
- Deep memory waveform capture
- Integrated Linear Feed-forward Equalizer (LFE)
- Support for real-time MATLAB analysis
Capture deep memory waveforms and save them as a .csv file for post-processing. The waveform file is highly accurate since it leverages the measurement fidelity of the 86100D – wide bandwidth, low jitter, low noise – but it also minimizes timebase error by using a unique acquisition technique as it steps through the pattern.
Open closed eyes by using the integrated Linear Feedforward Equalizer (LFE). Emulate your equalizer in SW before you build it!
Are you using a more complicated equalizer design? Do you want to filter or process a waveform and display it in real-time? No problem, create your filter or equalizer design in a MATLAB® script and process the incoming waveform using the integrated MATLAB capability.
Need a special measurement not available on your scope? You can easily create custom real-time measurements on your 86100D using the integrated MATLAB interface. The possibilities are limitless.
Install your existing MATLAB license onto the 86100D, or purchase a license directly from Keysight when you buy a new scope: MATLAB Data analysis software for oscilloscopes