N7609B Signal Studio for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
Key Features & Specifications
- GNSS simulator software supports real-time creation of multi-satellite signals for the GPS and/or GLONASS constellations (L1 with C/A code) and/or Beidou (Compass) and/or SBAS/QZSS with up to 40 channels, and Galileo signals (E1) with up to 16 channels for line-of-sight and multipath signals using the N5172B EXG, N5182B MXG, or N5106A PXB
- Simulate stationary or moving receivers for up to 24 hours using stored scenario files, or use continuous scenario generation mode for longer scenarios, with real-time adjustment of channel power or satellite visibility
- Create and edit custom scenario files or use continuous scenario generation mode
- Basic option provides waveform files that simulate a single satellite or multi-satellites for GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou (Compass), Satellite Based Augmentation Systems (SBAS), Quazi-Zenith Satellite System (QZSS), GPS+SBAS+QZSS, GPS+Beidou, or GPS+Galilieo.
Hardware platform control and additive impairments
- Compatible instruments
- Control frequency, amplitude, triggers, markers, and more
- Add impairments such as multipath, pseudo-range error, and CW interference signals in real-time while the signal is playing
- Add calibrated AWGN to control C/N ratio (requires Option N5106A-JFP on PXB, or Option 403 on N5172B EXG, N5182BA/B MXG,or E8267D PSG)
Automation and communication interface
- Automate test with SCPI commands
- LAN and GPIB control
- Remote capability using Remote Desktop Connection for N5106A PXB
GNSS simulator software (GPS simulator, GLONASS simulator, Galileo simulator, and Beidou simulator)
The N7609B Signal Studio for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) allows you to easily create reliable and repeatable real-time multi-satellite test signals for the GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou, and SBAS/QZSS systems to perform receiver verification tests. The application can provide up to 15 visible satellites for each constellation, depending on the scenario and satellite visibility. Additional channels (up to 40 total for any combination of GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/SBAS/QZSS and 16 total channels for Galileo) are available for adding multipath signals. The power level and visibility of individual satellites can be changed in real-time while the signal is active, and impairments such as multipath and pseudo-range error can also be added in real-time. With the scenario generator function, users can create and edit custom scenario files to simulate stationary or moving receivers (up to 24 hours duration), or use the continuous scenario generation mode for longer simulations. Real-time GNSS signal generation is available using the N5172B EXG, N5182B MXG, or N5106A PXB.
Generation of basic waveform files (Option EFP) is also available to simulate single or multi-satellites for GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou (Compass), SBAS, QZSS, GPS+SBAS+QZSS, GPS+Beidou or GPS+Galileo. Waveform files may be useful for testing components, or testing of satellite acquisition and tracking and receiver sensitivity in manufacturing. These waveform files can be played back using the N5172B EXG, N5182A/B MXG, N5106A PXB, E4438C ESG, E8267D PSG, E6607 EXT, E6640A EXM, or M9381A PXIe VSG. Waveform 5-pack or 50-pack licenses can also be used with these waveform files.