Key Features & Specifications
- Compliant to IEEE 1149.1, 1149.6 standards
- CET card : Input supply 12Vdc
Cover-Extend Technology (CET) is a hybrid between VTEP and boundary scan. It draws the best from what each technology offers and enhances the overall capability of Keysight in-circuit test systems.
How does it work?
- The VTEP sensor, which is able to capacitatively pick up stimulus signals, is placed on the component to be tested (e.g. a connector)
- Traditional VTEP methodology required physical test access (i.e. test probes) to deliver this stimulus signal. However, with Cover-Extend, the stimulus signal is delivered via a boundary scan device.
- The boundary scan device does not require test probes on every pin.
- As per the IEEE 1149.x standard, using only the test access port, users can deliver the necessary stimulus signal to the connector.
- A defect (e.g. an open) on the path between the boundary scan device and the VTEP sensor will affect the stimulus signal that is bound for the sensor.
- The result is captured and diagnosed by the ICT system and thus, the defect is detected!
Key benefits of Cover-Extend
- Test coverage without test access
- Lower cost of test with savings from fixturing and ICT test resources
- Improved board quality from reduced strain on strain-sensitive packages (e.g BGAs)
Cover-Extend Technology (CET) card
VTEP Mux card (VTEP v2.0 Powered! READY)
USB Interface Kit
VTEP sensor plate and amplifier board
Medalist i3070 software ver.07.20p and above
CET software license
Product Numbers Available For Order
|VTEP Products Description||N4300-66534 CET (Cover-Extend Technology) Signal-conditioner card (pack-of-1)|
|N4300-66534||CET (Cover-Extend Technology) Signal-conditioner Card (pack-of-1)|
|N1169A-001||USB Interface Kit (Complete)|
|N1169A-002||USB Interface Kit (Module Add-ons)|
|N4300A||Signal Conditioning MUX Card (Qty : 10)|
|N4301A||Probe Active Electronics (Qty : 50)|
|N4302A||1.2 Inch Passive Sensor Plate (Qty : 100)|
|N4303A||2.5 Inch Passive Sensor Plate (Qty : 50)|
|N4306A||0.5 X 6.0 Passive Sensor Plate (Qty : 50)|
|N4311A||Small Probes (Qty : 50)|
|N4312A||Small Probes (Qty : 250)|
|N4313A||Probes (Qty : 250)|
To learn more, request additional product information
Interested to know more innovative technologies? See our Super 7 Suite of solutions
Need an industry's leading In-circuit test platform? Find out more about our Medalist i3070 systems
Looking for a low-cost In-Circuit test system with digital capability? See our latest i1000D systems
Related Industries & Technologies
Training & Events