N9079A TD-SCDMA/HSPA Measurement Application
Key Features & Specifications
- TD-SCDMA, TD-HSDPA/HSUPA/8PSK per 3GPP release 99 to 8
- Uplink and downlink RF transmitter measurements; analog baseband measurements with PXA BBIQ or MXA BBIQ hardware
- One-button measurements with pass/fail per the standard
- Runs inside PXA, MXA and EXA signal analyzers
- Downlink: EVM, frequency error, power vs. time, transmit power, code domain power, SEM, ACLR, and more
- Uplink: EVM, frequency stability, transmit ON/OFF power, PkCDE, SEM, ACLR, and more
- Automatic detection of QPSK, 16QAM and 8 PSK in code domain and modulation accuracy analysis
- Multiple result views: constellation diagram, code domain, numeric display, spectrum, time domain
Performance (hardware dependent)
- Composite EVM: ±0.7% when EVM ≤ 9%
- ACLR: up to -83 dBc (-88 dBc nominal)
- Power accuracy: up to ±0.19 dB
- Analysis bandwidth: PXA/MXA up to 160 MHz; EXA up to 40 MHz
- License key upgradeable
- Fixed and transportable license available
- SCPI remote user interface
The TD-SCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/8PSK measurement application is one in a common library of more than 25 measurement applications in the Keysight X-Series, an evolutionary approach to signal analysis that spans instrumentation, measurements and software. Transforming the X-Series signal analyzers into standards-based transmitter testers, the application provides fast one-button RF conformance measurements to help you design, evaluate, and manufacture your TD-SCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/8PSK base station and user equipment devices. The measurement application closely follows the 3GPP and the China Communication Standards Association (CCSA) standard allowing you to stay on the leading edge of your design and manufacturing challenges.
RF transmitter testing
- Simplify measurement setup with one-button measurements for both downlink and uplink in a single option with pass/fail limits in accordance with 3GPP TS25.142 and TS34.122 specifications.
- Expedite troubleshooting and design verification using a rich selection of traces: I/Q measured polar graph; code domain power; peak/avg metrics showing numeric result table with average and peak hold statistic results; capture time summary showing a summary table with measurement results of multiple slots; slot CDE/EVM showing EVM, peak CDE, and frequency error in three windows.
- Perform power versus time (PvT) measurements using two sweeps with different attenuator and preamp setups to meet the standard stringent dynamic range requirement of 112 dB for base stations.
- Capable of demodulating the TD-SCDMA signal with arbitrary phase or rotation for different channel codes over TD-SCDMA measurements.
- Add real-time spectrum analyzer (RTSA) capability to the PXA or MXA signal analyzers to pinpoint interference caused by the multi-carrier TD-SCDMA signals or other events in the transmitter.