Key Features & Specifications
The W2303 and W2304 Verilog A/AMS Elements include:
- Support for industry standard Verilog-A and Verilog-AMS model development in ADS with run time speed and convergence comparable to built-in ADS models
- Verilog-A models can be simulated and optimized in ADS time-, frequency- & envelope-domain systems and circuit simulator with full access to powerful internal convergence algorithms
- At least 10x less number of lines compared to C-language based models
- Develop model once for use in all Verilog A/AMS compatible simulators, fully portable for distribution through design kits
- Verilog-A/AMS model parameters can be extracted from measurements in Keysight IC-CAP device modeling environment
- Verilog-AMS models can be co-simulated in ADS Transient-Convolution simulator with 3rd party digital simulators Cadence NCSim and Mentor Modelsim
The Verilog-A and Verilog-AMS Elements are analog and analog-mixed signal (AMS) behavioral modeling and simulation environments from Keysight EEsof EDA, the technology and innovation leader in high-frequency mixed-signal electronic design automation (EDA). It is seamlessly integrated into the Advanced Design System (ADS), the only design simulation platform that enables the co-design of IC, package and board in high-frequency and hi-speed applications. ADS seamlessly integrates system, circuit, and full 3D electromagnetic simulation with Keysight’s test instrumentation to perform single pass successful electronic designs repeatedly.
The Verilog-A Element enables analog behavioral modeling with the industry standard Verilog-A language within ADS for applications ranging from transistors to MEMs. The Verilog-A models are compiled for speed and can be simulated and optimized with any of the time-, frequency- or envelope-domain system and circuit simulators in ADS. The user-defined models using standard Verilog-A equation constructs are intelligently compiled in ADS to utilize the fast and robust convergence algorithms already engineered for built-in ADS models, thus eliminating the need for understanding special formulation of behavioral equations for specific simulators to converge. A comprehensive library of valuable Verilog-A source codes are supplied for new and built-in ADS models to allow fast new model development or to efficiently customize the underlying model equations. Customized Verilog-A models can contain parameters that can be extracted from measurements in Keysight’s powerful Integrated Circuit Characterization and Analysis Program (IC-CAP) parameter extraction and device modeling software environment that also controls instrumentation and probe stations.
The Verilog-AMS Element is a superset of Verilog-A Element by adding the support of analog-mixed signal models such as hi-speed SERDES (Serializer-Deserializer) and PLL (phase-locked loops) for high-speed and RF communication applications. It also enables and manages the co-simulation of Verilog-AMS models in the ADS Transient Convolution Element with third party digital simulator such as Cadence NCSim or Mentor ModelSim to analyze the analog, digital and mixed-signal aspects of a circuit and system design simultaneously. Verilog-AMS co-simulation requires only the ADS Transient Convolution Element, but not Keysight Ptolemy.
|Verilog-A source codes for new models|
|aTFT||Shur-RPI amorphous silicon thin film transistor MOSFET model|
|BSIMSOI||Version 3.1 of the BSIMSOI model family|
|EKV||Version 2.6 of the EKV MOSFET model|
|HICUM_L0||Level 0 version of the HICUM BJT model, a simplified version of the full HICUM model|
|HiSIM||STARC/Hiroshima University surface potential based MOSFET model|
|Parker_Skellern||The Parker-Skellern MESFET model for medium power applications|
|pTFT||Shur-RPI polysilicon thin film transistor MOSFET model|