W2401BP EMPro Core Environment
Key Features & Specifications
- Efficient import and setup of complex CAD designs for EM simulation
- 'Set it and forget it' material assignment for fast multi-simulation setup
- Interactive 3D drawing and editing draws complex objects fast
- Run a simulation and inspect intermediate results
- Immediate viewing of results
- Create parameterized 3D component libraries with EMPro for use in ADS
- Import layout from ADS into EMPro to simulate with 3D EM
- Advanced Scripting
The W2401BP Electromagnetic Professional (EMPro) Core Environment provides a modern 3D solid modeling environment for creating arbitrary 3D objects and importing existing models from other CAD environments. From EMPro, both time domain and frequency domain simulations can be launched and results viewed. EMPro is integrated with Keysight's Advanced Design System (ADS) circuit design flow through import of ADS layout objects, and export of parameterized 3D components that can be added to an ADS layout.
EMPro includes the following capabilities:
- Efficient import and setup of complex CAD designs for EM simulation - Import and parameterize complex 3D CAD designs such as a complete cell phone to start multiple EM simulations over a family of geometries to find the optimal structure without long repeated manual setup for each simulation.
- 'Set it and forget it' material assignment for fast multi-simulation setup - Assign material properties to import or drawn 3D objects only once using a simple drag-and-drop from an extensive material database onto the 3D objects to set up an EMPro simulation. Once assigned, the material properties are memorized for subsequent CAD imports for even faster simulation setup.
- Interactive 3D drawing and editing draws complex objects fast - Interactive 3D drawing with intuitive context-sensitive, on-screen cues prompt you where you can drag and edit the structure without the constant need to move your eyes off the drawing to select menu picks and dialog boxes. Hot keys further enable you to complete the 3D drawing quickly in a natural flow according to your thought process.
- Direct parameterization of any dimension - Parameterization of geometry is directly achieved by replacing any dimension with an equation variable, the value of which can further depend on multiple other variables. This allows linked geometry sweeps or the drawing of mathematically defined curved surfaces for antennas. Even the location of the stimulus feed to any component or antenna can be parameterized to find the optimal feed point.
- Run a simulation and inspect intermediate results - View dynamic real time plots of intermediate results while a simulation is running to provide early insights. EMPro allows for interruption to adjust the geometry before restarting again. This eliminates long simulations of non-performing designs. Simulation setup has built-in intelligence to launch simulations correctly with minimal user input, but still gives full control if needed.
- Immediate viewing of results - EMPro’s multi-threaded and accelerated post-processing offers immediate viewing of simulation results; this is unlike traditional 3D EM simulators where post processing the results can take as long as the simulation itself.
- Create parameterized 3D component libraries with EMPro for use in ADS - EMpro’s 3D parameterized components such as connectors, solder ball arrays, packages or any custom components can be transferred into ADS as a library for use in 3D EM co-simulation and co-optimization with circuit and system components, enabling evaluation of complete family of structures in one step.
- Import layout from ADS into EMPro to simulate with 3D EM - ADS circuit designers can transfer layout files into EMPro to accurately account for the 3D proximity effects of shielding, product packaging or the conformal bending of a planar antenna inside it.
- Advanced Scripting - Modeling functions, result data, grid and mesh operations and simulations can all be controlled by Python-language scripts, which can save time through increased automation.